Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Discobs 2021

Eskimo Joe

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My dad wasn't lucky enough to score 83 WS tickets but we went to 30 - 40 games a year including 83'  . Great memories . We walked to every game ( we had no car lol)

Those were the days. I can remember the stadium shaking from the roar of the crowd. You might remember home owners charging to park your in car in front of their house when the games were sold out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Been entertaining our girls most of the day, but finally have some down time. Of course, the weather is disgusting, so I’m watching DVRed soccer. Could be worse, I suppose.

Will be sitting by the heater under the carport and cracking some special release Bourbon County stout bottles with my buddy later.

What years are you cracking? I have some BCS bottles from  09/10/12/13/14/15. I mistakenly broke my chain of the vertical by drinking the 11. It was a drunken moment of stupidity during one our previous years snow storms. :lol:

Let me know how the tasting goes. Love to hear about it. Cheers!

Weather related - it’s cold and damn rainy. Too bad it wasn’t 10 degrees colder.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

@CAPE lost his bet with you. Didn’t he say at least 50 today?

By midnight! lol Things have shifted a tad since then. Looked like temps would be rising this evening. Been in the 30s all day here until the last hour. Up to 40 now. The rain ended up a bit colder. B)

50 tomorrow.

Roads were very icy coming over the catoctins on the way home from work around 530 today. There was a car that went down an embankment from the ice. In Thurmont roads were fine but alot of ice on the trees.  Wasn't till I was over 1000 ft in elevation that the roads were dicey. Once on the other side if the catoctins in Smithsburg roads were good again with some ice on trees.

That added elevation makes all the difference with winter weather.

There's been times when it's raining at home in Smithsburg but on top of route 77 there's several inches of snow.

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr looked sweet . 

0z guidance coming in much drier fwiw 

Euro has been very dry in recent runs. It will probably increase liquid in future runs. I think we could see a period of few hours of snow after a changeover from rain. Perhaps 1-2 although I could see getting nothing just as likely as getting a nice 3-4 inch surprise.

16 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr looked sweet . 

0z guidance coming in much drier fwiw 

11 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Euro has been very dry in recent runs. It will probably increase liquid in future runs. I think we could see a period of few hours of snow after a changeover from rain. Perhaps 1-2 although I could see getting nothing just as likely as getting a nice 3-4 inch surprise.

I dunno the euro has been a big red flag to me. I’ve never really gotten invested in this.  Comparing the runs at 12 and 18z the euro made sense. The upper low keeps trending further and further NW. There really wasn’t much of a surface wave along the coast until close to our latitude. That band of heavy previp all the way from the coast wrapped around the upper low looked less likely then the split due to weak to almost non existent forcing in between the developing coastal wave and the upper low. The NAMs now look like the euro. The precip shield blossoms just to our north as the coastal finally deepens enough to produce better moisture transport and lift but we needed the quick thump snow idea.  Maybe if we see the surface system trend more amplified sooner or the h5 more elongated towards the coast and less consolidated. Right now there is a big area with not much mechanism to get lift in between and that’s where we are. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's been running dry . Driest run yet I believe but it could moisten up near game time. 

All u need to see 

24 hour qpf 

U changed your avatar I see 

ecmwf-deterministic-dc-precip_24hr_inch-9740000.png

its actually a good thing it wasnt cold enough

Got up to 33 yesterday and stayed there all day.  Minor ice on the underbrush and pines.  Def over an inch but havent measured the spillover from the 1" mark yet.  Creek almost came out of its banks after the heavy burst yesterday eve.  Soggy, muddy mess...

5 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Got up to 33 yesterday and stayed there all day.  Minor ice on the underbrush and pines.  Def over an inch but havent measured the spillover from the 1" mark yet.  Creek almost came out of its banks after the heavy burst yesterday eve.  Soggy, muddy mess...

We should each go into our records for this winter and see how much rain we get while the temperature is 33F. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic