Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

23 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am always skeptical when the H5 low moves underneath the South Shore of Long Island, NY.  Especially when the h5 and h7 lows are closing off and intensifying as it heads south of the Islands over the next 24 hours.  I am just skeptical when a low at that level does exactly that and does not produce a flake for the Cape and Islands.  It just screams higher potential.

I hope you get your snow 

10 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Thanks, I just do not buy nothing happens when the H5 low center over PA moves south of Long Island and SE MA and RI get nothing substantial to see from it.  

James ... it’s weak with modest mechanics. There’s proportionately modest rad and ground truth returns. 

it’s no mystery. Weird things can happen but convention and reason isn’t giving anything more.  

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Plow is going down my street to remove a half inch of slush, but didn't touch my street for a day after the December 17th storm. This town's snow removal is ridiculous.

They just did basically the same thing here... like 3 passes for a little over a half inch along with multiple passes for 0.7" on December 20th. Only came by once early in the 17th storm then didn't come back until several hours after the storm ended.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Let the Scooter Jan melt begin...Hopefully peaks right before mid month just in time. 

This week was garbage anyways. It doesn’t mean next few days won’t suck weather wise.  I enjoy the sunny days. The true melts of online insults and domestics won’t be here. 

It’s snowing out; is that a bust?

I’ll definitely go with a disappointment ... it won’t clock 16”  ... probably be 2-4 which was on the table as an option in this. 

A bust is a snowstorm that ends up a rainstorm. A bust is a blizzard warning that you wake up and it’s orb sun 9°F with flurries. 
objectively we really didn’t have enough to make a definitive call. It’s like we were in a favorable governing parametric look all week and it just didn’t come to avail of it