Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

A little deformation with that band from N PA up through there. Models have it fizzling out within a few hours so capitalize while you can.

For sure, won't amount to much, maybe a 1-2 inch dusting.  But damn if I don't love anything more than a snowy evening.  Literally one of my favorite things is watching the flakes fall in the flood light out the big windows in the living room.  Snowy night with the dense snow cover... finally looking like winter.  Snow growth is phenomenal, zero water falling from the sky, ha.

I am always skeptical when the H5 low moves underneath the South Shore of Long Island, NY.  Especially when the h5 and h7 lows are closing off and intensifying as it heads south of the Islands over the next 24 hours.  I am just skeptical when a low at that level does exactly that and does not produce a flake for the Cape and Islands.  It just screams higher potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am always skeptical when the H5 low moves underneath the South Shore of Long Island, NY.  Especially when the h5 and h7 lows are closing off and intensifying as it heads south of the Islands over the next 24 hours.  I am just skeptical when a low at that level does exactly that and does not produce a flake for the Cape and Islands.  It just screams higher potential.

Enjoy the rain.

• Like 1

It's been ripping snow in this band.  Pretty sure we picked up 1" of fluff in about 30 minutes while out on the evening dog walk in Stowe Village on the groomed Rec Path.  Eyeballing about 1.5" total since the band rolled in.  Snowy evenings FTW and total weenie just enjoying a walk in winter.

2L8A8272_edited-1-1.thumb.jpg.a0dc9fa6dd88a92d7c28bbe03baae3dc.jpg

Weakening on radar but also slowing over the area.  Hopefully we can deform for a bit.

Jan_3_9pm.gif.01bfb15877acb49c08802ca93e75a4e5.gif

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2