Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a radar so shredded like this. It’s not meant to poo poo or anything like that. From a met standpoint, that’s hard to do. Usually you have a solid band of rather moderate or greater echoes. 

i can think of some examples, i remember a storm in 2004-05 that i scored 3.5 from a shredded mess. Apr 2003 Jan 2005 Mar 21 2018 come to mind. But yeah its pretty fugly

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

i can think of some examples, i remember a storm in 2004-05 that i scored 3.5 from a shredded mess. Apr 2003 Jan 2005 Mar 21 2018 come to mind. But yeah its pretty fugly

Nah not convective like that. I don’t mean banded, it’s literally cellular. 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

April 2003 dropped a solid 4 on Westerly/Pawcatuck. This ain’t Nevada and April snow just isn’t common in these here parts 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nah not convective like that. I don’t mean banded, it’s literally cellular. 

yeah i know what you mean, and theres definitely one storm in the 2004-2006 time frame that immediately comes to mind that had a convective pop corn like looking radar, i just cant think of exactly when it was and its driving me crazy

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a radar so shredded like this. It’s not meant to poo poo or anything like that. From a met standpoint, that’s hard to do. Usually you have a solid band of rather moderate or greater echoes. 

Disparate pockets of moisture?