• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant upper middle Atlantic S/CNE mix/snow potential Jan 3+

Typhoon Tip

Scott, I have seen the models overestimate this warmth in the past.  Again, the winds stay more NE instead of E and especially SE then we stand a much greater chance of a more substantial bust in the positive direction.  Now, the biggest question in regards to the track and intensity is where does the big band setup and does it reach the Canal and points west?

• Weenie 1

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Yeah..lot more to overcome even with better dynamics. These airmasses blow and suck..especially in early winter on the Cape

This is not early December, this is early January, prospects are higher, again, not expecting too much at all here, but the possibility is greater the closer to the I95 corridor.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like there may be a CF pretty close to BOS-PVD line for at least a while. Maybe just NW of that. Should be below freezing on the west side of that overnight Sunday night. SE MA could struggle at 34 unless rates are higher...which they could be. 

Are we 31-32 in the hills for the duration Sunday into Monday pm?

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like there may be a CF pretty close to BOS-PVD line for at least a while. Maybe just NW of that. Should be below freezing on the west side of that overnight Sunday night. SE MA could struggle at 34 unless rates are higher...which they could be. 

I feel like 78 and I are in good spots for this one.

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Are we 31-32 in the hills for the duration Sunday into Monday pm?

My gut says it prob tickles down to 29-30 I think at elevation later Sunday/Sunday night. It will prob start near freezing Sunday afternoon though. 

925s are like -2 or -3 and we have that weak high to the north so I think it will be hard to stay near 32 in elevated interior when steady snow is falling. Esp after dark. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

My gut says it prob tickles down to 29-30 I think at elevation later Sunday/Sunday night. It will prob start near freezing Sunday afternoon though. 

925s are like -2 or -3 and we have that weak high to the north so I think it will be hard to stay near 32 in elevated interior when steady snow is falling. Esp after dark. 

Yeah . It’ll be interesting to see what the dews are tomorrow morning . If they’re 30-31.. Then it’s paste . Mid 20’s. Paste to powder 

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t think that part of the storm is going to hit SNE. It’s going to be the initial thump from the main vortmax that is pretty far west...that’s the part id expect to look better as we get closer. The ferocious CCB and stall is likely going to stay offshore though maybe eastern areas still get lucky. 

Late to the pahty this day ...but, mm .. .I didn't really ever see this as having "ferocious CCB" - maybe you're just being expressive.

I'll get caught up  - ... but firstly, all models sucked donkey D since 12z yesterday ... just about as good of a red flag as anything you yourself were opining a couple days ago.  .. Secondly, I've thought all along that this was a like a 1/3 to 3/8ths percentile low by our cyclone climate standards ... but what it did bring to the table as its 'special talent' was that it has higher impact snow type.  You know.. .lay down 8" of 9::1 over a large area ...that's bit of a hassle.  Plus, the duration was also a wild card.

Both appear in jeopardy of fading E as I am sure the next 5 pages of this thread will probably evince  LOL