• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec (Edit: Jan1/..2 ) multi-faceted ptype mess potential...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Nope it’s pretty sad.  At least it’s been white but it’s towards the bottom of the whisker and box plot distribution.  My only solace is how many days the grass has been covered has been at least ok. Just enough weird 3-5” microscale snows after the thaws to keep it going lol.

Hopefully the upslope machine turns on after each of these events passes.

54 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

The greens at Augusta CC were covered when I drove by this morning, the fairway grass was too tall to be covered... 

I'd take that and run. Gotta get rid of the mid-April appeal around here - mud interspersed with small patches and piles.

Took the boys to Sunday River yesterday. It's really surreal to do that whole drive at the end of December and have bare ground everywhere. 

(edit: meant for that to be in response to Dryslot's NAM map post)

Just now, PWMan said:

I'd take that and run. Gotta get rid of the mid-April appeal around here - mud interspersed with small patches and piles.

Took the boys to Sunday River yesterday. It's really surreal to do that whole drive at the end of December and have bare ground everywhere. 

WWA are up for 3-5" here.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Danger?

Hartford CT-Tolland CT-Windham CT-Western Franklin MA-
Eastern Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-Central Middlesex MA-
Western Essex MA-Western Hampshire MA-Western Hampden MA-
Eastern Hampshire MA-Eastern Hampden MA-Southern Worcester MA-
Northern Middlesex MA-
Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Union, Vernon,
Putnam, Willimantic, Charlemont, Greenfield, Orange, Barre,
Fitchburg, Framingham, Lowell, Lawrence, Chesterfield, Blandford,
Amherst, Northampton, Springfield, Milford, Worcester, and Ayer

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Still 24-36hrs out too.

I feel like 5-7" would have been a better call for now, but I get that they would rather be a little conservative and trend upwards if needed. Plus, I realize I live in the middle of nowhere in a microclimate and GYX is forecasting for the places 95% of people live.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I feel like 5-7" would have been a better call for now, but I get that they would rather be a little conservative and trend upwards if needed. Plus, I realize I live in the middle of nowhere in a microclimate and GYX is forecasting for the places 95% of people live.

Nobody gives a fuk about Moose Knuckle, NH.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's also partly due to the area over which the advisory is in place. It averages the amounts over all the zones, including the CT valley, etc. Southern Coos itself would read a higher average than 3-5 for sure. I probably have your backyard somewhere around 5.5" give or take a grid box.

• Like 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

It's also partly due to the area over which the advisory is in place. It averages the amounts over all the zones, including the CT valley, etc. Southern Coos itself would read a higher average than 3-5 for sure. I probably have your backyard somewhere around 5.5" give or take a grid box.

No worries. 5.5" sounds great for me. Been hoping to get at least 6" out of this thing all along so that is close enough. LOL