Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Also, that first week of February is pretty interesting to me still. You have more of an east based -NAO and some ridging out west. 2/1 looks kind of cutter-ish, but after that one looks more favorable....2/1 is still pretty close to the west-based blocking breaking down though, so it could end up flatter too.

Once again it seems the ensembles want to go ridgy in the west to some degree after 2/3.  I wonder if it’s for real finally or the PAC jet will ruin it again  

Just now, Hoth said:

This is one of those rare occasions when I'm in one of the most favorable spots in NE and almost would be better served checking into the NYC sub forum. Still think the primary will get a bit further north in Ohio and get solid advisory snows up to NH border. 

From your weenie to Ray’s tip 

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

This is one of those rare occasions when I'm in one of the most favorable spots in NE and almost would be better served checking into the NYC sub forum. Still think the primary will get a bit further north in Ohio and get solid advisory snows up to NH border. 

I'm sure Will is probably going to still provide solid analysis, but most aren't very interested. I will get outlooks going for that tonight or tmw, since CT looks to get some decent snow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The Dawn may never Awaken....

I mean between OES clouds and storm clouds, we do not see a clear sunny day for an 102 hour period, now it will not be snowing the entire time, man that would be awesome and arctic circle like climo.  Oh the monster storm that phases too late with the Maritimes vortex actually gets blocked south of New Foundland.  A 957mb low is a type of intensity you want 75 miles southeast of the benchmark if you are in my neighborhood given the circulation is monstrous and ocean marine influence might play a factor, unless the arctic high is in position.  We can just get this system to phase better and earlier further west, we will see a monster nor'easter.

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I mean between OES clouds and storm clouds, we do not see a clear sunny day for an 102 hour period, now it will not be snowing the entire time, man that would be awesome and arctic circle like climo.  Oh the monster storm that phases too late with the Maritimes vortex actually gets blocked south of New Foundland.  A 957mb low is a type of intensity you want 75 miles southeast of the benchmark if you are in my neighborhood given the circulation is monstrous and ocean marine influence might play a factor, unless the arctic high is in position.  We can just get this system to phase better and earlier further west, we will see a monster nor'easter.

January has been a very cloudy month in W MA. 

• Like 1