Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, UnitedWx said:

Agreed. Part of the problem are "all season" tires that might as well be a racing slick. It amazes me how many drive on totally inappropriate tires in winter in New England. That and just terrible driving skills (cell phone)

I keep all seasons on all year.  For the very few days I have to drive on snow packed roads (haven't yet this year), I just drive more cautiously & slowly.

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GEFS and EPS shake hands on 2/1 as the next real threat........which is....10 days away.

But, no...I mean it, this time.

Not to split hairs with you but I guess ,.. what constitutes "real threat" then ? 

Because isn't the 26th is on the table -

you know...while we're at it, I can see not calling the 26th a threat.  I don't like the use of the word 'threat.' Drives me batty for petty reasons ( I admit that ...) but I still hate it.  Every exploded virga CU is not a threat.  I mean, I see this word put on thread titles or nested in sentences over every kink in a jet stream and threat means portending harm.  "Ok, it's only 2-4 inches but I'll go fire up a thread for this threat threat threat...  "

"Threat" should be reserved for that three, maybe four day window before 1992 ... or 1993, 1978 ... or any one of those talcum powder overrated dust blizzards from 2015  ( that oughtin' piss off the ceremonial torch bearers ) 

These are more like 'events' until otherwise deemed necessary to gaslight the headlines -   just sayn'

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That s/w is going to have to be a monster to cut into that blocking.

The blocking is going to run the show. Whatever happens up there will determine how far north this one gets. You could see on this run that the western PV lobe in central Canada got elongated and stretched more which then linked up with the Nova Scotia low and made it tough to get downstream ridging.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Regression would maybe imply a terrible pattern but we also seem to be dealing with some bad timing and bad luck.  

We are due for the latter too.

Anyways, I def wouldn't sell 1/26 yet. Not like the Euro went way south...it was a subtle change with the lobe in central Canada and those seem to flip around each run.

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looks like it's gonna be more suppressed this run for 1/26.

That 850 is in the Great Lakes. Expect some surface reflection changes as the days pass. Lots of time left, any slight delay in timing and that Scooter shit streak could pull out a little west as the GGEM shows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

What an amazingly frustrating period.  Decent pattern and rolling snake eyes every single time.  

It's a horrible pattern - 

why do we keep saying this ? ... 

if it were a otherwise, we wouldn't be stacking adjectives like meat grinder this or suppressed like an Electra complex in describing a why features won't phase -

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

if it were a otherwise, we wouldn't be stacking adjectives like meat grinder this or suppressed like an Electra complex to describe a why features won't phase -

Well, with a break or two we would have made out okay with respect to snowfall....there are worse patterns. I mean, its not 60 degrees with a death star over AK and Greenland.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

if it were a otherwise, we wouldn't be stacking adjectives like meat grinder this or suppressed like an Electra complex to describe a why features won't phase -

We are still told it is a good pattern in part for continuity and in part  to lessen the “intolerable whining” so now we have the Jim Jones pattern. Drink up