Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

49 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I may at some point write about my experience with alcoholism....I plan to tie it into my passion for winter weather, which is one of threads I clung to as I hit rock bottom. Funny thing is, rock bottom was at the age of 33 for me....so i already know the title.

"Thirty-three; The Melting Point".

Kind of like "Thirty-Eight, The Hurricane that Transformed New England"?

37 minutes ago, dryslot said:

If i had a choice (which i don't) between cutter or suppression, I'd take my chances with the cutters, At least there would be a chance and most likely, It would be snow not far from here.

Agreed.  Two of my biggest snowfalls this season were somewhat salvaged cutters - messy but lots better than the mega-Grinch deluge.  The 3rd, Jan 2, was a cutter on models up until 2-3 days prior.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I know this is beating a dead horse with you at this point, but you do realize you are posting in the New England forum right?

I don’t think 0.0” of precip over the next 2+ weeks is a good look.

I can understand..."storm is still there, which is all the matters at this range"....but enough with the "looks good" shit.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can understand...'storm is still there, which is all the matters at this range'....but enough with the looks good shit.

Well thats why I have been posting about the models even though it doesn't show anything in our backyards. We know how the gfs can't handle coastal patterns in the long range. 

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Well thats why I have been posting about the models even though it doesn't show anything in our backyards. We know how the gfs can't handle coastal patterns in the long range. 

Then just say "nice storm, worry about the track later".

Believe me, I will have plenty of opportunities to miller B the shit of your thread the next few years, and tell you how great P cloudy w a chance of showers is for central park.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

00z v16 looked great too. ;)

Obviously it's all in fun. I'd definitely take the over on a trace.

qpf_acc.conus.png

• Haha 1