Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

IDK - we're 9.2° AN so far and our warmest January (2006) was 7.9° AN.  This despite never getting up to 40.  CAR is running +13, looks torchy to me.   Today will make 29 AN days in the past 30, and only the few clear calm nighttime hours this month on the 12th allowed radiation sufficient to make that day -1.

Yeah it has been torchy. The amount of below freezing days locally has been a joke. At least through D19..

Just now, CoastalWx said:

That’s a comment on how boring it is.

It means you agree next week is gone. There’s only 3 or 4 left that think this winter is going turn snowy from what I can gather. Runway, Will , Ginx and Wolf. Ray is off the train . I hope they’re right, but at some point if it’s Feb and we saw 1-3” in the favorable month long pattern.. you’d think even the diehards admit defeat 

2 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

Yeah. I was only 10 for that storm but we got a heck of a lot more than 11 inches here. Warwick probably averages less than Providence but that seems off for that storm.

The snowpack around ORH after that storm was near 2 feet and high water content as there was a lot of sleet in a previous storm a few days before the 1/20/78 storm. 

If the Cleveland superbomb hasn’t knocked the pack down about a foot or more, the blizzard of ‘78 would have been even more disastrous for snow removal issues. 

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It means you agree next week is gone. There’s only 3 or 4 left that think this winter is going turn snowy from what I can gather. Runway, Will , Ginx and Wolf. Ray is off the train . I hope they’re right, but at some point if it’s Feb and we saw 1-3” in the favorable month long pattern.. you’d think even the diehards admit defeat 

You’re crazy. I didn't cancel anything. 

Remember driving up 128 with my Dad after that storm and there were abandoned cars on the side of the road buried in snow. We lost all our snow - I remember being pissed! and started the Blizzard with bare ground or barely nothing. After the Blizzard there were repeated 'rumors' of other big storms but I don't much remember any substantial snow or rain for the rest of February. We maintained that snow well into March though. I was a freshman in HS and remember going out for the spring track and coming back from distance runs in mid-late march and lying down in the snow afterwards to cool off!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Angus said:

Remember driving up 128 with my Dad after that storm and there were abandoned cars on the side of the road buried in snow. We lost all our snow - I remember being pissed! and started the Blizzard with bare ground or barely nothing. After the Blizzard there were repeated 'rumors' of other big storms but I don't much remember any substantial snow or rain for the rest of February. We maintained that snow well into March though. I was a freshman in HS and remember going out for the spring track and coming back from distance runs in mid-late march and lying down in the snow afterwards to cool off!

No snow for 4 weeks, we did have a March snowstorm