• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Tomorrow has a good chance to drop a few inches in spots east of the CT River Valley.  My guess is that the models continue to trend towards a faster development closer to 73W instead of 70W near 39-40N latitude.  Previous days, the models have been too far north and then too far south.  The system is currently over the western Lakes.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

This is honestly the most boring winter of my life in terms of sensible weather at the surface. I realize how enthralling its been at 60,000 feet above the arctic, but I can not recall a winter with such benign sensible appeal over such a protracted period of time. Sure, there have been winters that have been warmer with even less snowfall, but they are inherently notable because of said anomalies. I think there have been about 3-4 days out of the past 5 weeks that seen high temps outside of the lower 30s to lower 40s climo bracket. 

Just exotically and utterly unremarkable in every aspect.

• Like 2

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

12z GFS continues the vomit worthy sensible weather outcomes.  Whiff, whiff, cutter, impending CONUS torch.  At this point, this season is just toying with us.

If that were to happen by that point in early Feb, I would welcome the evisceration of the blocking and just torch it. I'm not sure who wouldn't, by that point.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is honestly the most boring winter of my life in terms of sensible weather at the surface. I realize how enthralling its been at 60,000 feet above the arctic, but I can not recall a winter with such benign sensible appeal over such a protracted period of time. Sure, there have been winters that have been warmer with even less snowfall, but they are inherently notable because of said anomalies. I think there have been about 3-4 days out of the past 5 weeks that seen high temps outside of the lower 30s to lower 40s climo bracket. 

Just exotically and utterly unremarkable in every aspect.

Ha ! 

... yeah but no ... can't agree.   It's subjective so tfwiw - but 2011-2012 truly was absentia -   ... this winter has SSWs and -NAO/-AOs ...etc, at least.  That one, not only last the whole way, it never had any hope ... 

....the whole way

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha ! 

... yeah but no ... can't agree.   It's subjective to tfwiw - but 2011-2012 truly was absentia -   ... this winter has SSWs and -NAO/-AOs ...etc, at least.  That one, not only last the whole way, it never had any hope ... 

....the whole way

I disagree. The shear anomalies of the warmth was more inspiring IMHO....we also had the October snow bomb, even though I got porked.

I would take that season over an eternity of 39 P Sunny.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Tblizz disrobing to the ICON?

I’ll take things that won’t happen for $100, Alex.

I do like the whiff whiff cutter on the gfs... that something that will play out.

Im ready for spring... need to prepare the site for the shed I ordered... ready for some warmer weather. Going to build a fire pit too.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ll take things that won’t happen for $100, Alex.

I do like the whiff whiff cutter on the gfs... that something that will play out.

Im ready for spring... need to prepare the site for the shed I ordered... ready for some warmer weather. Going to build a fire pit too.

If you get a whiff, whiff, cutter, There will be melts that rival SnowNH's on this board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those satellite images aren't going to be perfect. Trust me, I live here and work in Andover. I remember that year better than my own anniversary date. The jack was near me to about Norwell. I'm not just saying that because I live here and biased. You had 30"+ in the long duration event and over 15" from the event after. N shore didn't have that. They had near 20" in NBT in the 2/15 event, but not the long duration one.

This was our backyard in Randolph after the last storm.  Our 42" fence is nowhere to be seen back there.  The lower hook for the bird feeder is over 6' above ground.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I disagree. The shear anomalies of the warmth was more inspiring IMHO....we also had the October snow bomb, even though I got porked.

I would take that season over an eternity of 39 P Sunny.

Well gee, Ray ... I'm impressed - 

Yeah, okay - if you wanna play the general appreciator of weather-related anomalies card, absolutely.   We do not, under those auspices, disagree at all.  Folks should know me - if a comet is whizzing by, that takes precedence.  

It's just that in here, this is not an appreciation for weather-related anomalies ... It's a psycho-tropic stimulus addiction ...one that is rooted in the sentiment of snow.    That's the audience I was directing the previous post too - 

I'm being a little sardonic there but seriously, I agree that 2011-2012 has its own quirky charm and fascination when looking at the nature of this engagement with equal AVR.  No disagreement from me.