Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, Greg said:

I don't really know why many people just say south and southwest of Boston got over 100" of snow. The whole Boston area in general was in that years bullseye. The northwest suburbs and Northshore received very similar and even slightly more in a couple of places, especially the immediate Northshore with help of Ocean Effect Snow at times.

S shore had the most....down near Norwell, Pembroke and Marshfield was ground zero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Something is seriously wrong with that graphic with so many metrics. 7 day snowfall 15.6 for ORH? or 3 day 14.4? ORH got 31.9 on 1/27 alone. Not to mention pretty much everything else is off.

Agreed.  As I explained to Will, that graphic was posted by Met Dave Epstein on 2/10/15, just before 2 additional storms hit in the next 5 days.  I was only talking about the Boston totals, so I didn't focus on the other cities.  But you are right, not only did Worcester have that big storm on Jan 27-28, Providence also received 19 inches from that storm. 

Tough to rely on government statistics, lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Why are you or anybody surprised by this....it’s a total ratter.....wire to wire ratter with a tease beginning just to hernia sucked in.....next

Uugghh.. Please. Seriously with your "Ratter". I cant stand that word. Lol this is NOT what is going to happen. As they say, Misery loves company. Carry on Negative Nancy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it’s still mind blowing to me too. There was easily over 100” in that same period just south or south-southwest of BOS. 

One storm really stands out to me (aside from the one in January that the Euro got wrong lol), and that was the bowling ball event that took a northerly track and produced a long conveyor belt of snow from the upper midwest straight into central new england.  Ever seen anything like that before, Will?