• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

I did not mind the 12z EURO, i mean of course the storms missing sucks, but a few adjustments to the large vortex that develops southeast of New Foundland things can trend differently, likely by the next run.  However, there is a strong chance the Cape and Nantucket cash in on some accumulating snow with both systems.  Ocean effect banding, or at least enhancement of the moisture will benefit the Cape with heavy arctic air present.  Delta Ts will finally be sufficient enough for heavy ocean effect snows.  We just need the clippers to develop closer to the Benchmark, or a quicker intensification.  the 12z EURO almost does it with the WED and FRI systems!

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This Winter has been a continuous cranking of a jack-in-the box, without the pop ending.  You're just sitting there waiting in endless anticipation of it to occur.

It's funny ... we were joking the other day about dubbing this winter the great whack-a-mole winter -

All these "plausible" emergent storms modeled out there, and just when you bring your hammer down on one as though yeah...it vanishes before you can strike it as likely -

Folks in here don't care about technology and modeling ... and best deterministic philosophy ...etc..etc... That stuff is far too lucid and objectively responsible ... No, this is about a given model runs ability to gas-light their endorphin/joy circuitry. 

- failing that is like NARCAN interrupting a good high.

You know...I was at summer deck party a few years ago and a off-duty cop was there.  Southern NH somewhere...I think Manchester precinct. But he was saying that they've shown up on a scene before where some ODer was slumped and unresponsive, having to administer that shit to the glowing eyed waste-oid mere moments away from their last heart beat, and it would work... Only the recipient would get pissed off for having their high ruined -

We just spent the better part of mid day explaining matters. This Euro shouldn't really weight much ... But it's a NARCAN run ...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s always the next d10 ‘threat’.

Man, that looked like a carbon copy of 1/12/11 in the making. Almost identical shortwave setup. Would’ve been nice to see another panel or two just for the eye candy. 

And again, I feel like it's a broken record. It's over a week away. Same thing with the long range models. You're all saying how trashy I look for February, what about the models late December when they're showing January being amazing and look at us now. So, let's hope that the models are the opposite of what they're going to be as they were late December into now

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

And again, I feel like it's a broken record. It's over a week away. Same thing with the long range models. You're all saying how trashy I look for February, what about the models late December when they're showing January being amazing and look at us now. So, let's hope that the models are the opposite of what they're going to be as they were late December into now

I'm giving it 2 more weeks, then if nothing has changed significantly, let's just torch it right into Spring. I'll eat my hat if we don't get >1" in the next 12 days. I really prefer front-loaded over back loaded winters mostly cause the snow retention starts to take a hit in feb/mar. If it weren't for the two 10+" Dec snows, we'd be hurting badly in terms of seasonal snow, although I think we're falling BN at this point. Season looked so promising right up until the grinch.

That is the Miami Rule on steroids!!! wow...

It can effect S/W morphology and cyclogen effectiveness in a different ways, but complete and utter vanquish absorption is rare actually.  And, the model does it twice!  First with the one that is lingering over S. Cal at 72 hours - takes that one over the Arklotex as a water-color vesper, then there's nothing identifiable of it 1100 km later over Tennessee.   Then, the would-be system we've been denying we're tracking for the 26th it does the same thing.   Neither feature even exists past the TV...

How about the size of the polar high though??  my goodness... the entire domain of ORD-ATL-DCA is one big damming signal -

Too many oddities in a single run ...willing to bet as others are joking - this is different in another cycle.

• Like 2