Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan has snow showers Thursday and Friday next week and that’s it. Doesn’t have the period of snow modeled Sat night or Mon.. and no big storms thru day 10

Why would he forecast a big storm when we don't even know which SW to focus on? Snow showers is the all encompassing safe bet for now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Because In talking with him he’s very meh on the pattern and acknowledges any “snowstorm” is not highly likely thru months end

Nothing is highly likely or imminent, at this point...agreed. That is how the N Stream is....you may not know until 48 hrs out.

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan has snow showers Thursday and Friday next week and that’s it. Doesn’t have the period of snow modeled Sat night or Mon.. and no big storms thru day 10

Other then some possible clipper snows next week, I don't see much to get excited about the rest of Jan.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Other then some possible clipper snows next week, I don't see much to get excited about the rest of Jan.

At least you get a couple inches tomorrow and have had pack for a few weeks as minimal as it is. In SNE it’s been a month in the dead of winter. Almost impossible to do.. even in the 80’s it may not have happened that I recall 

My guess is that we should see more misses than hits for the next couple weeks but if this becomes n-stream dominated and we cut out that stream of s/ws from the SW, the upside increases for a nice miller B event into February. It's patterns like this that make me wish models only went out 5 days. Constant barrage of s/ws in a decent pattern, but many miss. Can be frustrating as a model-watcher.

We'll probably get a decent hit with that anomalous NAO (though not as foolproof as a good pac, still positively correlated with snowy patterns) but the specifics aren't clear yet, of course.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

At least you get a couple inches tomorrow and have had pack for a few weeks as minimal as it is. In SNE it’s been a month in the dead of winter. Almost impossible to do.. even in the 80’s it may not have happened that I recall 

Not even expecting 1", The whole region is underwhelming as far as snow, Very 80's like so far, You can't make up for the losses of Dec-Jan, Now it will come down to even salvaging Feb-March so its not a total ratter.

23 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At least severe season is right around the corner. 

Sorry Wiz, I love most types of weather, but love snow.Each day goes by ...a minute or so the day is getting longer, then sun angle, granted its the 15th, but its going by. Your fun time is around the corner hopefully yours is better then our winter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

You didn’t melt in 2013 like in 2015. You stayed the course. It was Kevin who started doing reverse psychology that winter when he was insisting that the Feb 2013 storm was a mirage and would miss. Even like 3 days out. 

I think it was that event before 1/26 that set me off. I truly thought that was going to create wave spacing issues. 

53 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not even expecting 1", The whole region is underwhelming as far as snow, Very 80's like so far, You can't make up for the losses of Dec-Jan, Now it will come down to even salvaging Feb-March so its not a total ratter.

Back then though people were riding around farm fields on Jags and Citations or Sno Jets like my wife and her brothers, when snow was low. Times have changed.