Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’ll make it up there someday. Went to Millinocket last year to ride and liked it. 6 hours from. It’s a bitch driving west/east in NNE. 

Yes not too many interstates running in that direction up that way lol.

Millinocket is very good most times.  About another 3 hrs north of millinocket is where I stay/ride.  Every area up there needs more snow still...hoping Saturday works out up there for them, and for you too :-). 

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow..you’re all in Luke. Nice to see.

You were very down on the winter’s potential back in late November I remember.  

I did not like the pre season at all but for me pre season calls are like 1 in 10 chance of panning out lol. I’m bad but it’s fun projecting nevertheless. But whatever pre season calls one makes, they need to adjust as the season unfolds. Can’t just stubbornly stick with it. 

everyone has talked about late Jan as the favorable period so it’s nothing groundbreaking but the fact the arctic is easily susceptible to higher heights this season gives me confidence we’ll get into a dynamic stretch during peak climo. Just a hunch but I really like our chances.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro is suppressed

Garbage model

First of.. When for? Second, you can't call a model garbage just because you don't like the outcome, and third and final, if this Is for the storm the end of next week..... You can't take any model run to seriously at this point. You are better than that ( I read all your posts and you always stay optimistic ). Don't stop now... " WEENIES RULE!!!!! " ;-)

• Weenie 2

Models have trended stronger and colder with departing trough across
the Maritimes today. This will leave behind a slightly colder
airmass across Southern New England than earlier projected. This may
result in a 3-6 hr window of snow across the east slopes of the
Berks and possibly into northern Worcester county. Model soundings
suggest thermal profiles are very marginal to support snow, however
atmosphere becomes colder westward toward the NY/MA border and MA/VT
border

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

So you thinking shunt?

I honestly don't know. Could be like yesterday's run, it could be a weak pos, or shunted south. Euro looked like a weak clipper type deal. It just goes to show you all the chaos you have when the nrn stream gets involved and models are having trouble resolving what happens between that and the system across the south.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Tomorrow's deal could be one of those Crawford Notch to Sugarloaf paste job. Might be a lot of have and have not ski areas with strong E-SE flow aloft and marginal airmass. I definitely would want to be more on the east facing slopes with elevation.

I copied Phil's tweet to show that SE Jet slams into the NNE Mts where no wind exists, this causes a very rapid upward motion and intense dynamics. Should be a helluva thump for ski areas. 8 to 12 style.

This is the time the models start flopping all around until the pattern reestablishes/shifts.  Will be interesting to see what things look like on Sunday.  Seems like we get a real period of winter 3-4 weeks at least, that reinforces and builds on itself, and probably everyone from DC north gets in on it.  It is strange how little cold we've had this year.  Only one night that was just barely below 0, and nothing sustained.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

This is the time the models start flopping all around until the pattern reestablishes/shifts.  Will be interesting to see what things look like on Sunday.  Seems like we get a real period of winter 3-4 weeks at least, that reinforces and builds on itself, and probably everyone from DC north gets in on it.  It is strange how little cold we've had this year.  Only one night that was just barely below 0, and nothing sustained.

Its coming. 

download (55).png

• Like 1