• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Injection lows can cause positive busts. I recall one on 2/18/14 down here. Forecast was advisory 3-5 stuff with maybe marginal warning in S NH. Widespread warning snows happened in N CT through a lot of MA. So for those who are in the cross hairs of where that little firehouse of precip runs into resistance, it can produce. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Probably the strongest upslope signal I have seen since I moved here and started tracking that on the NAM. It's really obvious on the 3k.

Watch the new HRRR and HREF tomorrow to see if this trend continues.  I just don't post for the sake of posting when I see something changing it peaks my attention no matter if its in my backyard or yours. Good luck and yea a 981 in Caribou will crank upslope hard.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Watch the new HRRR and HREF tomorrow to see if this trend continues.  I just don't post for the sake of posting when I see something changing it peaks my attention no matter if its in my backyard or yours. Good luck and yea a 981 in Caribou will crank upslope hard.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/href/index.php?model=href&product=snowfall_024h_mean&sector=ne&rd=20210114&rt=0000

Just now, PhineasC said:

Tracks the low quite a bit further south than 18z. Hopefully a solid GFS run coming next. Would be nice to see the Canadian models fold to the NAM too. They have been leading the NW/warm camp for a while now.

CMC has been way west of the other guidance.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Northern Aroostook may cash in with this more southeast idea.  Hoping so. 

Its looking better for there if the trend continues, Western part of the county now in the game, The Rangeley corridor is going to cash, May have to take a day off next week and head up.

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not the trek you have to make lol, You must be looking at 8 hr+ to the county depending on where your staying?

Lol 9-10 hrs..it’s a day in the truck.  Good weather/roads and no stopping to eat about 9hrs.  
But any type of winter weather that impacts speed,  or stop for breakfast/lunch it’s 10 hrs or more easily.   About 565 miles one way. 

Lol 9-10 hrs..it’s a day in the truck.  Good weather/roads and no stopping to eat about 9hrs.  
But any type of winter weather that impacts speed,  or stop for breakfast/lunch it’s 10 hrs or more easily.   About 565 miles one way. 

Yeah, wow, That eats up a day on both ends just in travel,  Figured as much, Didn't know what part of CT your in but when i use to travel to BDL for a few years, It was 4hrs for me from here.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, wow, That eats up a day on both ends just in travel,  Figured as much, Didn't know what part of CT your in but when i use to travel to BDL for a few years, It was 4hrs for me from here.

Ya that’s about right.  Making good time It’s About 2hrs and 45min from here to the Piscataquis River bridge that brings you to the ME boarder.  Then 6 plus hrs from there to the top of the crown/St Hohn Valley.  Big ride, but great place to sled. 

Ya that’s about right.  Making good time It’s About 2hrs and 45min from here to the Piscataquis River bridge that brings you to the ME boarder.  Then 6 plus hrs from there to the top of the crown/St Hohn Valley.  Big ride, but great place to sled. 

I’ll make it up there someday. Went to Millinocket last year to ride and liked it. 6 hours from. It’s a bitch driving west/east in NNE. 

• Like 1