Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kind of a SWFE on roids then late bloomer. 

That is the legit upside that we were talking about.

Note how it goes from the 1001 to 990mb in 6 hours under LI.....that is what you want for good banding, as the rate of deepening is due to the mid levels coming together. You don't need to see a 960mb low for a major storm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think if the heights crash enough, we can alleviate that, somewhat....like a mini 2015 type deal....the gradient is displaced more to the south that run, since the ambient heights are so low in the NE.

yeah it's doable ...just a little leery because what you're suggesting - or any other way for that matter... - is a helluva a lot of engineering schematics to fumble around with that perfect sequencing - yeah no problem right?  

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah it's doable ...just a little leery because what you're suggesting - or any other way for that matter... - is a helluva a lot of engineering schematic to fumble around with perfect sequencing - yeah no problem right?  

LOL Right...this run is obviously the ceiling.....

It's so diametrical how this engagement works ... perceptional matters. 

It's really deeper than hell or higher the heaven.   When shits not working out in here, ...Satan's taking notes to up his/her game by example hiding envy - lol...  God would to prefer save civilities from Cosmic Ray Burst doom ... if he/she only knew how to get one of these godforsaken D8 Euro fantasies to stem-wind the host galaxy in order to save that world - 

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is the legit upside that we were talking about.

Note how it goes from the 1001 to 990mb in 6 hours under LI.....that is what you want for good banding, as the rate of deepening is due to the mid levels coming together. You don't need to see a 960mb low for a major storm.

The biggest snowfall of my experience, 26.5" on 3/14-15/1984, had bar. 30.40 at the start and 30.10 at the end (on a cheap instrument).  The storm had relatively light wind, but I can't recall another major storm with pressure that high and so little change from start to finish.  It came on the heels of very cold HP.

Just now, tamarack said:

The biggest snowfall of my experience, 26.5" on 3/14-15/1984, had bar. 30.40 at the start and 30.10 at the end (on a cheap instrument).  The storm had relatively light wind, but I can't recall another major storm with pressure that high and so little change from start to finish.  It came on the heels of very cold HP.

I had about 18" that run....won't bother with the map unless this is there through the weekend-

wow...yeah, that's really managing perfection through them 3 days leading... 

every aspect has to be timed quintessentially just - 

It's not physically impossible, obviously.   

What this run is doing is a partial subsume...  It's blasing a S / stream wave really hyper quickly ripping along the 37th parallel, and it is so fast that the N / stream only delivers half it's genetic material ... this is cyclone should end up with Down's Syndrome and - wait ... what...

Wrong class...   But you can see that closed 522 dm contour up there straddling the Can/U.S. border left behind after the partial phase... ? that's some of the N/stream late to the party... It's like it starts to infuse, and then the translation speed of the S wave rips the union away before it is complete.  

Oh, right! It's a blue-balls winter storm - 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, the EPS has sort of shown this on several runs. Certainly viable with that EPO S/W diving into the Plains. Like we said yesterday, if that block goes, it's Coconut rum runners for all.

I don't think that block is going anywhere....more worried about the SW lu--- ah, chaos.