Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is quite a se ridge on the long range GFS...wow. 

Nice overunning.

It's on the radar  yup.

SE ridge is not a death sentence:   it is workable to get the cryo mayhem and dystropian society disruptions going ...phew  ( almost had a run-in with peace and tranquility!) And the pathway to impact is indeed overrunning. 

Kidding aside,  I don't see how we are getting a robust -EPO concurrent with a -NAO (that is hybrid positioned between neutral and western limbed ... ) with a heat source underneath without that potential. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

It's on the radar  yup.

SE ridge is not a death sentence:   it is workable to get the cryo mayhem and dystropian society disruptions going ...phew  ( almost had a run-in with peace and tranquility!) And the pathway to impact is indeed overrunning. 

Kidding aside,  I don't see how we are getting a robust -EPO concurrent with a -NAO (that is hybrid positioned between neutral and western limbed ... ) with a heat source underneath without that potential. 

I agree with you...I think that is the path to a really significant snow event, as I'm not crazy about a big coastal until maybe near the end of the month.

23 minutes ago, tamarack said:

On today's date in 2015 I'd recorded 41.9" of snow for the season and had 10" OG.  Not exactly dealing from the same deck so far.

Well on this date in 2015 I had recorded 4.6 inches of snow for the season and had nada OTG. Kinda of the same kind of deck although this seasons 20 inches beats that.  I ended up with 110 inches

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like the first real threats are a week from tomorrow, and then the following Monday (1/26).

One of those will probably whiff or graze us.

Imo Might be a tad too early to tell where they may track, if they even materialized at this juncture.  But the potential Is there.