Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I agree with you. It’s fun talking about potential . And it may be there . But until that potential lies deep on our lawns and WSW are flying like farts from Ray at the bar in BOS that night , it remains just that.. potential.  I’m excited, but cautious and persistent. 

Yeah, we've all shoveled a lot of potential over the years.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It was the 10th, then the 12th, then after the 15th. Then there was a storm the 18th.. then the 20th. Now it’s the 23rd

No....early Jan was always serviceable, but it didn't work out. Don't confuse that with the pattern not materializing bc it did...we just didn't get snow. The great pattern moved from maybe the 15th to the 20th, but no more than that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I agree with you. It’s fun talking about potential . And it may be there . But until that potential lies deep on our lawns and WSW are flying like farts from Ray at the bar in BOS that night , it remains just that.. potential.  I’m excited, but cautious and persistent. 

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve lost over a month of our favorite season. After a good first half of Dec, we’ve lost every game, every promise . I’m just tone deaf from the crying boy . I need to see the whites of his eyes(snow)

I hear you, and I am sick of potential, too....but the January pattern has verified as planned. This isn't last year where it vanished.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No....early Jan was always serviceable, but it didn't work out. Don't confuse that with the pattern not materializing bc it did...we just didn't get snow. The great pattern moved from maybe the 15th to the 20th, but no more than that. 

It's like the obscenely mild pattern, people don't believe it because of the daytime highs don't feel that warm.  People recognize the weather for what they experience.  A good pattern that doesn't materialize is like a torch that isn't hot in the afternoon.

ORH now at 25 days straight without a negative departure.  Can they do a full month without a single below normal day?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's like the obscenely mild pattern, people don't believe it because of the daytime highs don't feel that warm.  People recognize the weather for what they experience.  A good pattern that doesn't materialize is like a torch that isn't hot in the afternoon.

ORH now at 25 days straight without a negative departure.  Can they do a full month without a single below normal day?

It was cold enough for snow if we got an event that tracked decently. We did not.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

You aren’t being a realist. You are doing exactly what you did in 2013. You even kept pretending that the Feb ‘13 blizzard threat was going to miss until it became really obvious like 60-72 hours out. 

It’s possible we keep whiffing in the upcoming pattern, but it has nothing to do with what happened earlier in the month. 

Remember in Jan 2015...he swore up and down that all we would get that season was nickels and dimes....100" in 30 days later lol Someone found a couch with a shitload of change lol

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was cold enough for snow if we got an event that tracked decently. We did not.

Yeah I guess my point was people remember the weather they experience, not what the stats or pattern show.

I get Kev’s point... no real snow to show for it, pattern is meh.  Just like folks saying snowbanks aren’t melting, not a warm pattern.  It all boils down to sensible weather.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I hear you, and I am sick of potential, too....but the January pattern has verified as planned. This isn't last year where it vanished.

Here’s the thing..I don’t think anyone’s Jan pattern has verified . It has not worked out or looked like anyone or any MR or LR model said it would. That’s why there’s been forecasts here of snow beginning around the 5th . and each one has gotten pushed back to 5,10,15 days. It could finally happen late next week. Or maybe the week after. Just the sheer time of year when it’s most likely to snow is in our favor . But I have problems (99) with folks saying the models at MR and LR look favorable and that we’ll have good opps for snow. Generally those atmospheric modeled looks do not end up looking like that come verification. Occasionally they work out, but more often than not they don’t. It is fun to speculate to be sure. That’s why we’re here .. to discuss. But this also goes back to the “it’s just bad luck”.. there’s no good or bad luck involved in weather. Weather is atmospheric science and has nothing to do with good or bad luck. Bad luck is if you have Michael Thomas and Cole Beasley on your fantasy FB team and you start Thomas who pulls a hammy and you benched Beasley who goes for 210 yds and 3 TD’s . Or you’re out in the grocery store and have to pass gas in the bread aisle and you peek over your shoulder and no one is there so you push it out, and immediately smell last nights General Tso that you had for dinner and look over shoulder again and see 3 hot , coed college girls looking for everything bagels. That’s bad luck . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here’s the thing..I don’t think anyone’s Jan pattern has verified . It has not worked out or looked like anyone or any MR or LR model said it would. That’s why there’s been forecasts here of snow beginning around the 5th . and each one has gotten pushed back to 5,10,15 days. It could finally happen late next week. Or maybe the week after. Just the sheer time of year when it’s most likely to snow is in our favor . But I have problems (99) with folks saying the models at MR and LR look favorable and that we’ll have good opps for snow. Generally those atmospheric modeled looks do not end up looking like that come verification. Occasionally they work out, but more often than not they don’t. It is fun to speculate to be sure. That’s why we’re here .. to discuss. But this also goes back to the “it’s just bad luck”.. there’s no good or bad luck involved in weather. Weather is atmospheric science and has nothing to do with good or bad luck. Bad luck is if you have Michael Thomas and Cole Beasley on your fantasy FB team and you start Thomas who pulls a hammy and you benched Beasley who goes for 210 yds and 3 TD’s . Or you’re out in the grocery store and have to pass gas in the bread aisle and you peek over your shoulder and no one is there so you push it out, and immediately smell last nights General Tso that you had for dinner and look over shoulder again and see 3 hot , coed college girls looking for everything bagels. That’s bad luck . 

I mean the pattern that was modeled at the onset of the month has verified, not anyone's long range forecast. Everyone's outlook that I know of has missed some aspect of the pattern, agreed...I have missed the Pacific, so far.

I'll  just agree to disagree on the luck part....we have been through this before, and you have the right to your opinion.

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s the melt, much better. Farting at Stop N Shop in front of teenage girls was the breaking point. Keep pounding two more and finish this off once and for all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There’s the melt, much better. Farting at Stop N Shop in front of teenage girls was the breaking point. Keep pounding a two more and finish this off once and for all.

And a general Tsao’s Fart in front of the hot Co-Ed’s at that ...Lmfao. That was good. 

Man we need a snowstorm bad. 

• Thanks 1