Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, PhineasC said:

This stretch does make me excited to see what a good or even normal winter is like here. I can say I have seen the basement, hopefully. Nowhere to go from here but up.

Well, It really couldn't get much worse you would think heading into the heart of winter but stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Eh, you get a lot of snow in April there which is part of the seasonal climo. You could easily put up a couple 40-spots in Feb/Mar and then add another 15-20 on the margins (end of Jan plus whatever falls April and beyond)

That'd be awesome. Right now, I am expecting 10" of snow a month plus 1-2 warm cutters. LOL

Spring cutter season starts soon, right? :axe:

I will say that if we do end up with below normal snow this season, which I think is slightly greater than a 50/50 shot, then I will need pretty overwhelming evidence to not go above normal snow next season. My area has only posted four consecutive below average snowfall seasons once since 1956.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I know....I would root against it if I were you provided that you were confident of a -EPO. Neg EPO/+NAO if your most prolific set up IMO....problem is that I don't think we will keep a neg EPO, so you may want to hope the blocking lingers like the rest of us and take your chances lol

I guess we wait and see how this next "Good" stretch plays out, I said i would give it to the 20th or so, But i'm running out of waiting another 10 days.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I will say that if we do end up with below normal snow this season, which I think is slightly greater than a 50/50 shot, then I will need pretty overwhelming evidence to not go above normal snow next season. My area has only posted four consecutive below average snowfall seasons once since 1956.

Same for ORH....1988-1989 through 1991-1992 was the only time.

Just now, Spaizzo said:

These gray days of winter that make it feel or smell like snow is just a damn tease!!!! 

We've like 5 of them too in the past 2 weeks...I've been outside several times on those days and said to myself "if I didn't know any better, I'd think snow might be coming".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Stein runs deep

• Weenie 1