• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

If you're having winter problems I feel bad for you son, we got 99 pages and snowfall on none...I got the strat patrol, on the block patrol...fools that wanna make sure H5 is closed. Subby critics and defamation hoes..I'm from Methuen, stupid, where it never snows.. I'm like, fu$k the EPO, over Alaska is a black hole. When I grew up it was wet, but now its dry and all I got is a Pacific jet. I got 99 problems and cold ain't one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

Its not just Japan though.....those scenes were normal for me going to various Tahoe sites......Alpine Meadows in particular......always had feet and feet of pack.........epic....

I remember skiing Mammoth one year in late March.  14 foot base.   Snow in the village as high as the chalets.   50s daytime, teens overnight.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man EPS is pretty weenie looking after this week weekend.

GEFS kind have that look too...hopefully the case of delayed, but not denied here. I have a leak around my chimney and can't get anyone in to fix it for "awhile", so dry and boring is just fine with me...

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thats promising and all, but it’s been weenie looking for the past several weeks and it’s led to Stein for and now a soaking rainer to Maine’s. Call me skeptical 

We said after 1/15 is the best chance, like 2 weeks ago.  That still is the case. Yeah it may be quiet next week, but can't see that two weeks out. The big picture is there, just need to have the details, which obviously we cannot see this far out.

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If you're having winter problems I feel bad for you son, we got 99 pages and snowfall on none...I got the strat patrol, on the block patrol...fools that wanna make sure H5 is closed. Subby critics and defamation hoes..I'm from Methuen, stupid, where it never snows.. I'm like, fu$k the EPO, over Alaska is a black hole. When I grew up it was wet, but now its dry and all I got is a Pacific jet. I got 99 problems and cold ain't one.

Raysta on the beat lol

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thats promising and all, but it’s been weenie looking for the past several weeks and it’s led to Stein and now a soaking rainer to Maine’s. Call me skeptical 

I'm very confident this drought period is about to end....doesn't have to mean Jan 2011, but we should at least get some interesting events... and the potential is there for a big score.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm very confident this drought period is about to end....doesn't have to mean Jan 2011, but we should at least get some interesting events and the potential is there for a big score.

I could see early Feb or very late Jan having the better chance as things relax a bit. For a larger potential anyways.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I could see early Feb or very late Jan having the better chance as things relax a bit. For a larger potential anyways.

Agree...this is often the case, regardless, but especially with an RNA....if you are going to score a HECS, then it will come during a period of mass flux, like Jan 2011. I would have to look more closely, but probably Feb 1969, too....although that block was so obscene, so maybe it was an exception.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agree...this is often the case, regardless, but especially with an RNA....if you are going to score a HECS, then it will come during a period of mass flux, like Jan 2011. I would have to look more closely, but probably Feb 1969, too....although that block was so obscene maybe it was an exception.

Interesting, I keep track of storms for every year for salt replenishing etc, only event i had in Jan.2020 was about the 19th,(about 6" ASH) then Feb.2020(2/6 and 2/13) those events were about 2" each, last was March 24 or so with about 6"

Ray, I hope we do better then that when the change ever comes..............

12 minutes ago, 512high said:

Interesting, I keep track of storms for every year for salt replenishing etc, only event i had in Jan.2020 was about the 19th,(about 6" ASH) then Feb.2020(2/6 and 2/13) those events were about 2" each, last was March 24 or so with about 6"

Ray, I hope we do better then that when the change ever comes..............

I think in the big picture, it will essentially be climo snowfall for much of the region....or even a bit below, but looks like a fun stretch, hopefully.

It looks like from 1/21 to about 1/25 is the apex of the pattern, thereafter the EPO ridge and NAO block retrograde.....I think the time to watch for a big ticket item is in that 1/25 to 2/1 time frame. Before 1/25, its probably more overrunning and late bloomers, and after 2/1 its more SWFE or rain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thats promising and all, but it’s been weenie looking for the past several weeks and it’s led to Stein and now a soaking rainer to Maine’s. Call me skeptical 

Point taken.  But I’d rather it look great/weenieish, than not look so good going forward from where we are. No guarantees with anything weather related, but I’ll take that look any day. 

We take.  And we take our chances.   So chin up now. And let’s see what transpires?  

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Point taken.  But I’d rather it look great/weenieish, than not going forward from where we are. No guarantees with anything weather related, but I’ll take that look any day. 

We take.  And we take our chances.   So chin up now. And let’s see what transpires?  

@WinterWolf......the resident weather coach lol

• Haha 4