Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Euro looks more interesting here for this weekend than 00z did. It's pretty close. Gives me a few inches of snow verbatim.

I don't expect to get much discussion on this event. I could be talking to myself a lot on this one given the depiction. LOL

You and alex can have a circle jerk in the NNE thread.

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It'll be wrong..  can't construct -NAO blocking ridges when there's too much wind velocity feeding in to the domain at mid troposphere -

Sure you can, its just more difficult to get huge events due to flow compression. It can certainly happen, though....Jan 2011 and Fen 1969.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't care what happens moving forward, that one month plus blew some of the deadest rats possible.

Kind of funny that some of the all time great months or periods were preceded by a month-plus of pure dead ratter weather. Jan '69 was absolutely horrific. We already know how the month preceding 1/24/15 went. Jan 1967 was utter dogshit after a good Dec '66. Pre-boxing day was 3-4 weeks worth of melts that we hadn't gotten shit despite a great pattern setting in after T-day. We already know about Jan 2013.

Anyways, that doesn't mean this time will follow in those footsteps, but you can't complain about the look. I'll roll the dice any day on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Kind of funny that some of the all time great months or periods were preceded by a month-plus of pure dead ratter weather. Jan '69 was absolutely horrific. We already know how the month preceding 1/24/15 went. Jan 1967 was utter dogshit after a good Dec '66. Pre-boxing day was 3-4 weeks worth of melts that we hadn't gotten shit despite a great pattern setting in after T-day. We already know about Jan 2013.

Anyways, that doesn't mean this time will follow in those footsteps, but you can't complain about the look. I'll roll the dice any day on it.

I have mused about that.....you wonder if the atmosphere kind of expends that bottled up energy in spurts.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Maybe you’ll be wrong?  

Good one lol

15 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Today featured led grey skies and temperatures in the upper 20s. Sure felt wintry.

Yea...I’ve pulled the sled out of the garage and have it ready to go for my boy. Just waiting for him to come home so I can shove him down the brown hill. I wonder how drunk he’ll think I am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2