Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Henry's Weather said:

If we're exchanging the favorable PNA for a favorable EPO, what is an example of a pattern where those two are coexistent?

I know how important the PNA is for major east coast winter storms, but I will take that trade given the hand we were dealt....awful blend of cold deficit and suppression. Get me the cold supply and activity, and I'll take my chances with track nuances...especially given NAO.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

What's with H5 lows weakening as they reach the coast? I feel like I've seen that happen pretty frequently this year. A la nina thing?

I mentioned that, too....I think we just need a reshuffling. Track and evolutionary timeline of low pressure areas is unfavorable for us.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It'll be wrong..  can't construct -NAO blocking ridges when there's too much wind velocity feeding in to the domain at mid troposphere -

We've had -PNA/-NAO deals before. I think overall the type of -NAO ridging is more closer to Greenland in those cases? It's also far out there, but even the less bullish guidance did have a semblance of ridging there.

• Like 1