Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have no idea what he’s talking about.... definitely some spirits flowing tonight.

TAN is about the same latitude as him and maybe a hair closer to the ocean. I guess that makes me #interior too? Up and in I guess. The new Taunton/Raynham motto.

He is much more inland than you...not to mention the 950 diff in elevation. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Which is interior . That’s the only point. ETAN making it seem like there’s sand 

Someone in this area could read your posts and think you live in Utica, NY.  IMO you are the coastal plain if east of a line from like NYC to Portland, ME... that sticks out over the ocean in the larger scheme of things.  The interior is like Tamarack-Dendrite-Poconos line and west.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Someone in this area could read your posts and think you live in Utica, NY.  IMO you are the coastal plain if east of a line from like NYC to Portland, ME... that sticks out over the ocean in the larger scheme of things.  The interior is like Tamarack-Dendrite-Poconos line and west.

Interior is outside of 495 and 84.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup... I agree. Most of Connecticut 2/3 of Mass ... SE NH and SE Maine... all coastal plain.

Now obviously some of those areas are “interior CP” but coastal plain nonetheless.

Some people need a crash course on where they live on here. Nobody here is living in the Swiss alps, but you wouldn’t know it by a lot of posters.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Interior is outside of 495 and 84.

Yeah I could agree with that, it's pretty close to what the geography says.

I always think of it based on the shape of the East Coast and Atlantic Ocean... if you smooth out the east coast you can easily see the anomaly that sticks out into the Atlantic.  Obviously the coastal plain extends north and south of that line but, that's the larger scale coastline, IMO. 

5064.gif.8821dc16fb4317683d1ec5ef9572decb.gif

northeastern-usa.jpe.e107ecb2f3bf4dd6bb255bebc52cff70.jpe

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yup... I agree. Most of Connecticut 2/3 of Mass ... SE NH and SE Maine... all coastal plain.

Now obviously some of those areas are “interior CP” but coastal plain nonetheless.

Some people need a crash course on where they live on here. Nobody here is living in the Swiss alps, but you wouldn’t know it by a lot of posters.

Interior cp is fine until you hit the e slopes of ORH hills, but it ends there.