Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah. I think they're going to drill right next to the other one. Then they can use the same lines/conduit/wiring. My current one is 100ft. They'll probably have to go down at least 250ft. They put the new pump in and I'm supposed to flush it for a good 45 minutes to get the sediment and chlorine shock out, but the well is going dry after about 45 seconds. I have to let the whole thing fill up for about an hour so I can get a few cycles of flushing in before the pump sucks air. I don't want to burn up a new pump so I've been back and forth with the breaker all day. :axe:

Anyway...nice day today weather wise. Haven't looked at a model so I guess I'll catch up now. :weenie:

I’ve seen they usually go down at least double the old one in these situations. At least 200 feet for the new one is a good bet. That blows. I’m always holding my breath here even though we live in a wet area.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

SE Mass from Scooter to TAN is it’s own little mild microclimate. Always 5-10 degrees warmer than everywhere else , snow doesn’t retain , tough area 

I bet if you avg temps, TAN is close to you because of their lows. I love how you say no snow until the end of month, but somehow they’re driving trucks on the tolland ponds. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

SE Mass from Scooter to TAN is it’s own little mild microclimate. Always 5-10 degrees warmer than everywhere else , snow doesn’t retain , tough area 

The SE DC of this subforum. It never snows in SE DC. Everyone else in the MA is getting snow and those miserable SOBs are 35 and rain every time. Not sure why they even bother to track anything.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I bet if you avg temps, TAN is close to you because of their lows. I love how you say no snow until the end of month, but somehow they’re driving trucks on the tolland ponds. :lol: 

You’ve got flowers and dandy’s growing lol. And no ice except skim on bird baths. Hate to see that 

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not sure. It's not particularly deep, but after a couple of wet decades we've always gotten by. So I guess Stein nabs another one.

I would try to get the drilling company to go as deep as possible. Do not settle for marginal, technically-adequate yield.

When drilled wells start to fail that means something more long-term is happening underground.

You’ve got flowers and dandy’s growing lol. And no ice except skim on bird baths. Hate to see that 

There’s a lot of areas that do all over. Sun torched and next to house? Sure. Do me a favor and walk out on the water nearby. Let’s see some pics. I know you weight 120lbs so it’s not hard.

• Haha 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

I only average 10" more than SE DC but that never seems to be the case OTG in reality. Just sayin'...

They miss every single marginal event.

We do the biggies here. Kevin likes to act he lives in NNE, but the truth of the matter is he doesn’t even compete with places like ORH. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There’s a lot of areas that do all over. Sun torched and next to house? Sure. Do me a favor and walk out on the water nearby. Let’s see some pics. I know you weight 120lbs so it’s not hard.

I will take pics tomorrow if I see them skating and fishing for sure. I weigh about 168.. up from my 155lb marathon days . We all can’t pack 275 lbs  my man . I avg 60” . So you avg 50”?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I can definitely sense the electric sexual tension around here. It’s good that in-person meet-ups are not possible right now. 

@MJO812 just throws the AMWX zoom on by himself and touches himself to long range GEM anafrontal........

#fullfrontalforanafrontal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

South shore near scooter down to Norwell is a nice little snowbelt.

He can do well in a very cold atmosphere with the OES agreed. But I would never live near the ocean . That’s just my personal preference . I’m not trying to degrade living on the water.. I just would not live there. I love to visit and go in the summer, but I prefer inland for many reasons 

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I can definitely sense the electric sexual tension around here. It’s good that in-person meet-ups are not possible right now. 

One of these days it would be good to get out and have a big gtg and get some NNE peeps too. One thing I always sort of took offense to, was the so called “boys club” this subforum was referred too. Most of us are friends and have known each other for over 10-15 years. Sure we may bust chops, but the last thing I would call this place is intimidating to anyone new. I can’t help if some of the other subforums have socially inept people.

He can do well in a very cold atmosphere with the OES agreed. But I would never live near the ocean . That’s just my personal preference . I love to visit and go in the summer, but I prefer inland for many reasons 

I’m two miles from the ocean and can see the city from my street. Yeah, it’s a pit here.