Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol, you just said you agreed with Kev, and now you agree here too? They’re opposite statements..you can’t agree with both Wiz. 

I didn't take them as opposite statements. Kevin said you can't use them to make or base forecasts...I'm assuming what he meant was you just can't look at an one aspect of the EPS (say 500 pattern) and just make a forecast. Ray added on more to the statement indicating they should be used as tools which kinda goes into what Kevin was getting at (at least I thought so).

6 minutes ago, BrianW said:

It's crazy. Plants are so confused. My dog was just sniffing out our dogwood tree. I looked and it has buds and the leaves are emerging...

Where do you live...Florida?  Leaves emerging on a dogwood tree in January?  Not here where I live.  No plants coming up here either.

Maybe down on the shoreline?  Not here in inland CT. No buds that are ready to burst, and certainly no leaves either that’s for sure.  

But enjoy the early green up... 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I didn't take them as opposite statements. Kevin said you can't use them to make or base forecasts...I'm assuming what he meant was you just can't look at an one aspect of the EPS (say 500 pattern) and just make a forecast. Ray added on more to the statement indicating they should be used as tools which kinda goes into what Kevin was getting at (at least I thought so).

Ok...I guess it’s how you look at it?  I see what you mean now. 

28 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Where do you live...Florida?  Leaves emerging on a dogwood tree in January?  Not here where I live.  No plants coming up here either.

Maybe down on the shoreline?  Not here in inland CT. No buds that are ready to burst, and certainly no leaves either that’s for sure.  

But enjoy the early green up... 

I live on the shoreline. Might drop some Lesco today to deal with all these dandelions and wild onions popping up on the lawn.

42 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Northern Aroostook looks pretty decent considering the lack of snow. Saw many pictures of them grooming yesterday, and it looked better than I imagined.  A good 6-10 inches up there and it’ll be really good. 

E99D32E6-8C11-458F-A80D-2C00457E51D9.jpeg

They got some snow up there this past week and 6-12" in the last storm on the 3rd.

• Like 1

I have a great idea. Anyone who thinks winter is done and feels like its not worth talking about what could happen over the next 2 months, should log off and take their bamter to a forum that is for just that, complain and banter. Anyone who wants to stay and discuss the possibilities, please, by all means post amd lets discuss the weather. A bunch of 5 year olds in here....lolol. Seriously though... Please dont post if it's all about " This winter sucks "

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I have a great idea. Anyone who thinks winter is done and feels like its not worth talking about what could happen over the next 2 months, should log off and take their bamter to a forum that is for just that, complain and banter. Anyone who wants to stay and discuss the possibilities, please, by all means post amd lets discuss the weather. A bunch of 5 year olds in here....lolol. Seriously though... Please dont post if it's all about " This winter sucks "

Problem for now, there are no chances. For about a week anyways. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maybe parts of this bear some truth, but to go a full month of January without snow other than that dusting last Sunday .. I’m not sure that happened even in the 80’s

I remembering it happening all too often, and not just January. But the difference was some years lots of arctic cold followed by warn cutter then back to cold. There was one year, maybe 1991 where we were practically in T shirts working outside in January