Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

For what? I didn’t say or call anything. In fact if the EPS is right, it certainly falls short of what I thought. But whatever. Maybe when we shake this mundane, mind numbing pattern, we can squeeze something in. 

You said tempwr expectations while everyone and their mother was forecasting a big change to cold and snow. There were also calls of this upcoming pattern being similar  to 2009-2010.

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

You said tempwr expectations while everyone and their mother was forecasting a big change to cold and snow. There were also calls of this upcoming pattern being similar  to 2009-2010.

Well that’s not hard to say lol. I don’t think people realize what needs to go right to get these epic stretches. Like, everything needs to be located and timed right, with some luck sprinkled in. Special stretches in winter aren’t because we have a +PNA or -NAO. Those features just help to have things go right. Special stretches are because everything was located and timed with precision. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Wait...so everything is off the table now?  Good Pattern gone/melted away?  Supposed Decent pac coming is just a dream? Winter over on Jan 9th? 

So with that said, I’d expect a storm to pop on modeling within the next couple days at very short lead time.  Let’s go. 

• Like 1

So... The pattern modeled the last 2 days showing changes os so drastic. How can any of you take any of this seriously and become so cynical? As fast as things have been changing, dont you think it could easily change back or we get something big out of a pattern that is so drastic? My guess is whomever has given up or tossed out this Winter already should with stop messaging their negative thoughts, or take them to the section where you could complain. It sucks for me to as I love the snow and tracking storms ( just bought my 7 year old a sled ), but the last thing I want to do is talk about foom amd gloom and everything is over. I feel like thos forum is full of a bunch of 12 year olds..lololol

You'll like the Para for Fri-Sat... it's something that a trough like this could induce... minor for I84 but something.  GFS for the 18th?????  who knows but impressive out of the mid part of continent.  I know some on here have been interested for the 18th.  Good to just maintain and hope that one of these turns into something you'll enjoy.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That would be kind of funny actually if the pattern broke down very quickly after the 20th and we still hadn’t gotten anything. Epic melts. :lol:

At least the -NAO is still around on that with a -WPO. Maybe I’ll take my chances with PJ slamming the PAC with a -NAO over this crap. Go Feb ‘69. 

I'd take my chances with anything over this zombie pattern.

I want out.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Well that’s not hard to say lol. I don’t think people realize what needs to go right to get these epic stretches. Like, everything needs to be located and timed right, with some luck sprinkled in. Special stretches in winter aren’t because we have a +PNA or -NAO. Those features just help to have things go right. Special stretches are because everything was located and timed with precision. 

I never was on board with an epic stretch, but can I get precipitation...or a temp anomaly??

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Dec-Feb last year was the most blah met winter I can recall, mitigated somewhat by some post-equinox storms.  So far, the current one is worse.  It would take an amazing 2nd half of met winter to drag it up to "C" level.

No. Last year had epic warm anomalies...you may not like it, but its noteworthy weather. This?

Nothing. I wanted winter, not a recap of Tip's romantic endeavors post Christine, or James' book sales.

• Haha 1