Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That would be kind of funny actually if the pattern broke down very quickly after the 20th and we still hadn’t gotten anything. Epic melts. :lol:

At least the -NAO is still around on that with a -WPO. Maybe I’ll take my chances with PJ slamming the PAC with a -NAO over this crap. Go Feb ‘69. 

as long as it doesn't break back into a 1 eye pig

When you punt a 2-3 week E coast trough the pattern change following that is usually  best imagined as serviceable, hopefully we sneak something in around the 18-20'th

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

as long as it doesn't break back into a 1 eye pig

When you punt a 2-3 week E coast trough the pattern change following that is usually  best imagined as serviceable

I actually don’t even hate that look on the D15 eps...nice cross polar going there and a -NAO. It would be very active. 

Id still rather have the big ridging out west because our biggest storms happen that way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No kid, no wife for the wknd in mid winter...surely great weekend of storm hunting.....right? Thank god for football,  so I can watch my HOF QB play for FL, where it will probably snow. 

At this point, just gotta pray that the Euro verifies and we get a big cutter mid month after the next two whiffs. Just cut your losses and get out of this moribund morgue of a pattern. It's like fuc$ing being stuck in the movie groundhog day....every day its 39 degrees with P sunny skies, slight breeze and a low around 25 with decrepit, petrified snow patches decaying at various rates. The neighbor says hi every day at the same exact time, and I just want to beat him senseless with a fossilized snowbank. Every night, we hear about how the SSW is underway,  and while the blocking is verifying a bit south of modeling, it is here. All of the cold is in Mongolia and the snowbelts of Japan,  but just you wait for that eskimo queef to propagate up his pant leg and into the arctic stratosphere. We get model runs that manage to offer zero snowfall within 300 miles of Boston, while offering up several shortwaves. At least one passing close enough to lure the usual suspects to ogle over how close it is....rinse, repeat. There isn't even any baroclinicity or thermal gradients....no....nothing. Even the fuc8ing Hadley Cell is gone. It's mother nature just filled the atmosphere spanning the whole damn Hemisphere with embalming fluid in preparation for old man winter's funeral. Just give me so much as a rain event so I can confirm the weather has a pulse.

Dec-Feb last year was the most blah met winter I can recall, mitigated somewhat by some post-equinox storms.  So far, the current one is worse.  It would take an amazing 2nd half of met winter to drag it up to "C" level.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I actually don’t even hate that look on the D15 eps...nice cross polar going there and a -NAO. It would be very active. 

Id still rather have the big ridging out west because our biggest storms happen that way. 

Didn’t Feb of ‘13 monster happen with a -PNA          (trough in the west)?  I thought I remember it did? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well.. I’d recommend folks begin their spring cleanups this weekend. Grass never went dormant so there will be no spring green up this year. It’s already green. Maybe drop first round of fert , rake, blow leaves etc. 

Dandelions have been popping up here on the shoreline all winter. 

• Sad 1