Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not sure what happened, think I accidentally deleted that last post. Lol

Anyway, yea.....sick to death of the hype and waiting. Its mid winter and I've had one warning event. Anthony didn't do anything wrong, but I'm just done with the "240hr Euro was close", at this point. At least add some analysis.

Its not like I personally insulted him, so some need to grow a pair.

At my chronological location the problem is functionality and that’s not even close. I have a feeling that our maternal atmosphere is looking at the New England forum and, borrowing an alleged line from a past national personality is saying; “ We will bury you” in snow. As always .....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Yeah, I’m with you Ray wrt to where we are at with this winter thus far as a whole. One warning event that painfully washed away a few days later(albeit that’s already an improvement when compared to the last two winters in SNE). Fast forward to Jan 7th and across guidance nothing screaming excitement for at least 7 days, possibly more. I know, I know, things can produce seemingly out of nowhere with all these short waves flying around... But too many cooks in the kitchen can also strip us of realizing a high end event during this favorable period. Not a fan of burning up peak climo days without much showing up on guidance.

Not doubting the potential one bit moving forward, but I'm seeing a about a three week period beginning on 1/15 that is likely to define this winter. Heading into it with innumerable bundles of energy is not optimal IMHO. Maybe it works out, and I hope it does.

This looks to me like a high stakes pattern that will either deliver a truly high end event(s), or less than what most are expecting.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Yeah, I’m with you Ray wrt to where we are at with this winter thus far as a whole. One warning event that painfully washed away a few days later(albeit that’s already an improvement when compared to the last two winters in SNE). Fast forward to Jan 7th and across guidance nothing screaming excitement for at least 7 days, possibly more. I know, I know, things can produce seemingly out of nowhere with all these short waves flying around... But too many cooks in the kitchen can also strip us of realizing a high end event during this favorable period. Not a fan of burning up peak climo days without much showing up on guidance.

That's why we don't avg a ton of snow. These are typical winters. We'll see how it goes second half of month.

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not doubting the potential one bit moving forward, but I'm seeing a about a three week period beginning on 1/15 that is likely to define this winter. Heading into it with innumerable bundles of energy is not optimal IMHO. Maybe it works out, and I hope it does.

This looks to me like a high stakes pattern that will either deliver a truly high end event(s), or less than what most are expecting.

Yep, agree. That's usually how it goes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Agreed, although even NNE hasn’t done very well thus far, which one could argue as anomalous.

Yeah they could really use some base....they did get that moderate SWFE back on New Years, but may places are still significantly behind.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Euro still all alone for the 12th.  CMC says no go.

Ukie is a no-go as well. With so many shortwaves it's going to be difficult to get an ideal setup. The longwave trough is favorable at least, but you still have the problem of wave spacing inside the longwave flow with the multiple shortwaves.

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Can't go riding with no snow, Can't go ice fishing with no ice, Otherwise then that its been a great winter.

Luckily the lake in Monson finally has 6 inches of ice as it didn't open up at Christmas, going to have a socially distant ice fishing party out there Saturday and finally try out the new Rip 2 studded track on the 850, better than nothing but if the border was open I'd be in Quebec riding...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

Luckily the lake in Monson finally has 6 inches of ice as it didn't open up at Christmas, going to have a socially distant ice fishing party out there Saturday and finally try out the new Rip 2 studded track on the 850, better than nothing but if the border was open I'd be in Quebec riding...

I got a brand new ‘21 850 XRS I’m waiting to try....hopefully at some point I’ll be able to?  A lil discouraging right now. :-(.

But it’s all good...healthy and happy so things are fine. The snow will come...I hope lol. 

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I got a brand new ‘21 850 XRS I’m waiting to try....hopefully at some point I’ll be able to?  A lil discouraging right now. :-(.

But it’s all good...healthy and happy so things are fine. The snow will come...I hope lol. 

I was going to buy a new sled this year.  I ride in the Adirondacks.  Snow has not been abundant for years and our sleds are in constant need of hyrax and sliders, overheating issues and have even worn some skis to nothing.  Low snow now for a long time with late starts to each season...like 7 or 8 years.! I got skunked 3 times.   So I’ll keep the old 1200 and see what happens...it’s my rock sled.  I have a camp and that is a questionable investment now.  New normal. 

6 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Are we going to avoid any overly frigid stretches this winter? That would be great if it’s not going to snow 

The pattern does support a good arctic intrusion later this month. Whether we get a truly frigid period or not is still up for debate, but when you see the Pacific load up a poleward ridge like that, then it is a definite possibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1