Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Will, you have a H5 composite here handy of our bad winters? Trying to prove a point.

The composite over the next 10 days look like the bootleg -NAO you see in El Nino patterns where pac air invades the country with downstream ridging. Its why you don't see lower heights in the US underneath the "block." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The composite over the next 10 days look like the bootleg -NAO you see in El Nino patterns where cold air invades the country with downstream ridging. Its why you don't see lower heights in the US underneath the "block." 

And then the fun begins. We have mid month as the time to watch

download (6).png

download (7).png

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol O just read the exchange.  Whats best is now you are old enough to call them kids. I remember when I called you kid like 12 years ago and you flipped shit on me. Lol love ya man

Nothing like arrogant, pompous kids who think they know everything. I was looking at weather patterns when they were slobbering on their mom’s nipples. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It does seem like Jan 4 is slowly getting some traction?

EPS trying to bring it back a little. I know the OP run has toyed with the idea, but you'd like to see some bigger solutions on other guidance. GGEM was showing it a little too.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Zero to look forward to . Torch 

Yeah if 1/4 doesn't produce, then it's prob shades closed for SNE until at least 1/8-1/10ish....something might pop before that, but it looks like an uphill battle with such a terrible PAC and the NAO blocking isn't really set up yet.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah if 1/4 doesn't produce, then it's prob shades closed for SNE until at least 1/8-1/10ish....something might pop before that, but it looks like an uphill battle with such a terrible PAC and the NAO blocking isn't really set up yet.

Even if the 4th happens it’s a Morch type snow and starts melting 20 minutes before ending 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Even if the 4th happens it’s a Morch type snow and starts melting 20 minutes before ending 

Yeah don't count on building sustained pack until the PAC gets better. If 1/4 ends up pretty big, then it might last, but otherwise, we wait.