• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

This stagnant/blocky pattern we're in with extensive snow/glacier cover is why I'm at times loathe to advertise those warm color AN probs CPC graphics this time of year. With no synoptic system to shake things up with a warm sector to melt some of the snow/ice, can easily lean colder highs and milder lows than much of the guidance is showing. These patterns give the MOS fits because the 850/925 mb temps would favor generally AN temps... if we had no snow cover and sun.

Because of the warmer mins, we'll average above normal for average temps during this stretch, but I don't think anyone but Beavis would confuse this with warm. After current round of fog and hoar frost and spotty low level snow showers improves behind the cold front tonight, looking at another good setup for these conditions to return Tuesday evening into Wednesday, which might not really clear out until Saturday given little change in the pattern.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

This stagnant/blocky pattern we're in with extensive snow/glacier cover is why I'm at times loathe to advertise those warm color AN probs CPC graphics this time of year. With no synoptic system to shake things up with a warm sector to melt some of the snow/ice, can easily lean colder highs and milder lows than much of the guidance is showing. These patterns give the MOS fits because the 850/925 mb temps would favor generally AN temps... if we had no snow cover and sun.

Because of the warmer mins, we'll average above normal for average temps during this stretch, but I don't think anyone but Beavis would confuse this with warm. After current round of fog and hoar frost and spotty low level snow showers improves behind the cold front tonight, looking at another good setup for these conditions to return Tuesday evening into Wednesday, which might not really clear out until Saturday given little change in the pattern.

Looking forward to more hoar frost. This stuff is baller and by far the most impressive I have seen in a long time

• Like 5

It's come to this. Do we post the hoar frost event in a thread by itself or in the short term winter thread?
At least there's something interesting meteorologically until we might see chances increase of finally getting more of the metro a solid event.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3