Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

2 hours ago, eyewall said:

If I commented right now I would probably be banned.

Fat lady has sung on winter 20/21. Looking forward to nearing 70 tomorrow and hopefully we have a mild spring with a few dry days sprinkled in! At least many in the upstate and Carolinas avoided getting blanked. Well take our consolation prize I guess... Looking downright springlike after Friday 

My tempest station has recorded 21 days since the start of the year that have been rainy or featured rainfall and it’s only Feb 23rd. Many of those days temps were in the 30s or low 40s. This pattern has been brutal and at this point I’d sacrifice any shot at March snow if it meant a spring with at least semi warm temps and some sunshine. Bring it on! 

How about this trend of warmth in SE as a global warming hotspot? I always thought in the early 2000s, it would be +PNA warming, with above average everywhere and average in the SE... It seems now even in favorable patterns for SE cold, it just doesn't happen. Alberta clippers stopped sometime in the late 1990s. What's the correlation with melting arctic sea ice and Southeast, US temps? Get ready for a dead period in the 11-15 day. 

21 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

How about this trend of warmth in SE as a global warming hotspot? I always thought in the early 2000s, it would be +PNA warming, with above average everywhere and average in the SE... It seems now even in favorable patterns for SE cold, it just doesn't happen. Alberta clippers stopped sometime in the late 1990s. What's the correlation with melting arctic sea ice and Southeast, US temps? Get ready for a dead period in the 11-15 day. 

When sea ice is melting, warm rain will be pelting.

1 hour ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

February is running -4 degrees from average at GSP. We haven’t torched. 

Many NC locations, including the big cities, just finished about a 14 day stretch yesterday where every single high temperature was below average. Many days quite a bit below average. 

So while we missed out in the brutal arctic stuff, it has been far from warm. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, nwohweather said:

I miss sports so much. I’ll wear a Hazmat suit if I have to

Exactly Ik it sounds dumb but I was at ACCT Last year on Weds and I kept my Ticket Stub for historical purposes. I remember reading the tweet about “No Fans” for Play in games in Dayton the next week but got  home went to sleep and never would’ve guessed the world I woke up in the next day. For the record, we (NC State) would’ve beaten Duke that day to solidify a n Auto Bid at 21-10 lol Talk about torching .... it was like 75-80 that day if I remember correctly 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PantherJustin said:

Yea, I hate to say it..... but this may be it guys. I’m not there yet, but I’m close to saying break out the Busch light and Charcoal it’s about that time. I actually “Saw” snow fall 4x this year , it was cold and I had a small ice event last week. I will give it a C compared to last year. 

I actually saw snow 0x this year in Charlotte proper. Last year was the same. Funny how much difference a 30 minute drive can make.

• Sad 1