Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

24 minutes ago, btownheel said:

Not one second before Wednesday IMO, with the caveat that it’s been there for at least 4 consecutive runs even then lol.

Doubt we’ll even have anything worthy of starting a thread by the end of the weekend. I like everything about that GFS run other than the fact it’s nearly a week out....

4 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Surprised no one has said this but if u go back to the 18z gfs on February 12th, it has shown Snow for the 27th almost every single run. Some big hits... but IF this storm comes to pass,  the GFS definitely sniffed it out a long ways out from Hour 342 to Hour 174 now.

Don’t say that. Shhhh “” On Feb 26, 2004 a record 11.6 inches of snow was recorded in Charlotte. This was also the third largest one-day total on record. The storm total at the CharlotteAirport was 13.2 inches, the third biggest storm in city history.“”

1 hour ago, BooneWX said:

I stand corrected, not 70, but still close to 60 multiple days. Sun angle, ground temps, no cold air. 0/3. 

3 warm days in a row aren't going to overwhelmingly warm the ground but so much especially with the cold ground right now and the temps during next week at night still in the 30s

• Like 1

Maybe Mother Nature will have mercy on us and repeat 04 to hold everyone off for another 16 years before it happens again. 

360-EAC3-A-DE75-4-D39-B73-A-F2-E89-EE30764.jpg&key=917df8b1929bd7871a21365c3d25b20a92039e440f119a136d17e6a404a7b926

How does that map happen? Did the Charlotte corridor just catch a stalled band? I was a sophomore at UNC at the time and remember that storm well but had no idea it dropped up to 20 inches 50 or less miles from me.

22 minutes ago, btownheel said:

How does that map happen? Did the Charlotte corridor just catch a stalled band? I was a sophomore at UNC at the time and remember that storm well but had no idea it dropped up to 20 inches 50 or less miles from me.

If I remember correctly, it was an upper level low and the deform band dumped snow in one spot. 

3 minutes ago, rduwx said:

If I remember correctly, it was an upper level low and the deform band dumped snow in one spot. 

Yes, like Feb 14 the main storm put down 8-10” then the next day that band dumped the rest. I was 12yrs old in Concord still to this day biggest storm of my life. Then Feb 14 I had 11” in Rowan county 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Serious question, if you had 3 options 
A) one 24-30” Storm with temps in teens and blowing snow but afterwards had a 3-5 yr SN Drought

B..) One 10-15” Storm and then a 2/3 yr drought 

c) Consistently 4/5 3-5” events per year but never more than 8” for a decade. 

I’d lean towards C.  Four 4” snows every season—with one of them during Christmas—would be my ideal winters.

I think of it as would I rather eat one nice dinner every evening or have a huge feast on Saturday while fasting for the next week?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Serious question, if you had 3 options 
A) one 24-30” Storm with temps in teens and blowing snow but afterwards had a 3-5 yr SN Drought

B..) One 10-15” Storm and then a 2/3 yr drought 

c) Consistently 4/5 3-5” events per year but never more than 8” for a decade. 

I opt for C, I couldn't go for a 2 to 5 year drought, A seems tempting but 3 to 5 year snow drought, NO, No, No, :snowing:

• Like 1