Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

1 minute ago, Tacoma said:

yep i would like a snowstorm with temps around 27 or lower so there's no doubt, oh and cold enough all thru the column..  Please no warm nose, leave it out in the Gulf. :snowwindow:

You can’t really expect a storm with that much cold in our climate this late in the season. It really can only happen in places like the frozen tundra of San Antonio.

• Haha 7

I am not going to lie, this last storm really took a toll on my mental health lol! I am going to keep this potential on my radar, but I don't think I can check every model run for the next couple days. I may wait until Mon-Tuesday and if it has legs at that point I'll be sucked right back in like a hoover vacuum. Looking at 6z GEFS it did gain some ensemble support.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Suncat said:

I'm not gonna get sucked in...I'm not gonna get sucked in...I'm not gonna get sucked in...

I'm usually fully convinced this will be the time I won't get sucked in, but... approximately one model cycle later I'm fully emotionally invested. Might as well go full weenie now and get it out of the way

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

I am ready, let's do this thing play by play starting at 11-1:30 today. I am pretty sure the UKMET will save us and just wait until this storm gets into the NAM time-frame and don't forget about the RGEM, you know it's only going to be about 35 degrees colder than the rest of the models. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

As least for the western and northern half of NC, and VA, I don’t understand the “it won’t snow After mid February” faction here. If anything, March snows have become more prevalent In the last decade.

The likelihood plummets after Feb 15 or so. Sun angle kills any marginal events so it has to be anomalously cold.

6 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

The likelihood plummets after Feb 15 or so. Sun angle kills any marginal events so it has to be anomalously cold.

Last year it snowed ALL afternoon and frequently moderate during the storm at the end of February and only a couple inches stuck and it was to the grass. Greenville and places East had it fall during the night and ended up with 5-6 inches. Yes, it can snow and yes, it can accumulate late into February/early March but it has to snow HARD during daylight to stick and don’t expect it to last through noon the next day. A light to moderate snow will not amount to much during daylight this time of year, coming from experience  

45 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

one thing to watch for is around day break on Monday if you live north of 85 around 77 and I40 models are showing some light precip with temps near freezing. 

12z RGEM, 12z Canadian, 12z 12km NAM, and 12z GFS para all show it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WSNC said:

12z RGEM, 12z Canadian, 12z 12km NAM, and 12z GFS para all show it. 

in-situ CAD can be sneaky little events for a couple of hours before warm air overtakes. If moisture does come in and temps dip below 32 Monday morning, I could see bridges and over passes being tricky right around rush hour. Tomorrow morning and Sunday morning lows will really cool the ground surfaces down.

2 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

in-situ CAD can be sneaky little events for a couple of hours before warm air overtakes. If moisture does come in and temps dip below 32 Monday morning, I could see bridges and over passes being tricky right around rush hour. Tomorrow morning and Sunday morning lows will really cool the ground surfaces down.

Meh. I’m so over freezing rain 

2 hours ago, davenc said:

I will not get excited, I will not get excited! (Doing back flips in my mind!!) 

My goodness that has a Classic NW heartbreaker trend look , I can’t wait to be hyped up all week and feel like this is the one as it trends South and Colder for 3 straight days just to hit Game Day and Watch NAM 3K/HRRR give anyone South Of “Along and N of I-40/VA Border”   The middle finger lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2