• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

"March, in like a lion out like a lamb." GFS predicting the first part should be correct as blocking shifts from Europe closer to Greenland allowing relatively colder temperatures to return to both Europe & the Eastern US. Still just a forecast but impressive expanse of cold air!

1 hour ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

"March, in like a lion out like a lamb." GFS predicting the first part should be correct as blocking shifts from Europe closer to Greenland allowing relatively colder temperatures to return to both Europe & the Eastern US. Still just a forecast but impressive expanse of cold air!

I've seen that movie before.  Yes it may be cold in terms of departures from norms.  But the problem is our norms go up 10 degrees in March.  So a relatively cold airmass still puts us smack dab at 32.5° and rain.  

I'm over it.  Too much mess to clean up and landscaping to do.  Bring me dry, weeks and weeks of it.  And not in June, July and August!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I lived in Chattanooga at the time.  Two feet of snow that created stories I still tell to my children.  I wish they could experience something like that just once.

My wife lived in Old Fort at the time.  She still has fond memories of loosing power for two weeks and having to basically camp inside part of their house.  I don;t have any memories from it in Fayetteville, so I am assuming it was just rain there.

8 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Will the foothills ever see a blizzard warning again? I don't think we have had one since March 93 to my recollection. 

I know right. I do remember just one after the blizzard of 93. I remember way back in Jan or Feb of 96 Gary Stephenson on wlos way back then talking about McDowell county was under a blizzard warning at that time. Man am I getting old.

• Like 1