Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

9 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

I'll check back on Feb 26th after the late night model runs, cut whatever the clown maps show by 2/3rds, increase the the temps to 32.5° and divide all of that by zero.  That is precisely what I will get.

Someone on the MA board said it perfectly: it only snows when it’s above freezing now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I just can’t :lol:

BA1980B7-F0A7-4022-B062-D2F522D2DE23.jpeg

Feb. 27 eh.  Interesting. It can happen.  This was my backyard on Feb 27, 2004.  I had accumulated around four inches during the day but this is the 20” I ended up with after more than three hours of unbelievably heavy thunder snow. It wasn’t just rumbling thunder in the distance. Some of the flashes lit the yard like daylight.

I could stand a repeat.

xlarge.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jburns said:

Feb. 27 eh.  Interesting. It can happen.  This was my backyard on Feb 27, 2004.  I had accumulated around four inches during the day but this is the 20” I ended up with after more than three hours of unbelievably heavy thunder snow. It wasn’t just rumbling thunder in the distance. Some of the flashes lit the yard like daylight.

I could stand a repeat.

xlarge.jpg

If I remember correctly, that was an upper level low where the deformation band set up over you for hours.

1 hour ago, jburns said:

I could stand a repeat.

That picture is a classic on this board.  One of the best...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

That picture is a classic on this board.  One of the best...

That picture doesn’t even look like it belongs on this board... I’m used to measuring sticks stuck on car hoods claiming over an inch and pics of yards with grass popping out and decks where you can see wood through the snow and people declaring it’s “puking” or “pouring snow” 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

That picture doesn’t even look like it belongs on this board... I’m used to measuring sticks stuck on car hoods claiming over an inch and pics of yards with grass popping out and decks where you can see wood through the snow and people declaring it’s “puking” or “pouring snow” 

Lol.  I agree. Since we seem to be in a lull right now I can add a few more details that will clearly show the rate of snowfall.  The photos I took all have a time stamp in the EXIF of the original. So here are three shots that I took during the fun part of the storm with the time taken. Basically they are 2 hours apart. 

9:21 PM. Feb 26, 2004

standard.jpg

11:37 PM Feb 26, 2004

standard.jpg

1:36 AM Feb 27, 2005

large.jpg

• Like 6