Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

3 hours ago, wncsnow said:

There are at least 4 different waves of rain the next week. Today/tonight, Saturday, maybe even Sunday, Tuesday then later next week another strong low. Rays weather posted this graphic with 6 to 8 inches of rain over most of SC and some of NC. 

FB_IMG_1613064436148.jpg

It is complete misery without question.  The 12z globals are a bloodbath. The only reason this winter doesn't get an F here is the one minor event we did have. It is a D.

• Like 1

The southern wave really trended good for us to get a winter storm but that sorry p.o.s Canadian vortex that never made it in to the US is now progged to leave a little lobe behind which wrecks high pressure development out ahead of the southern wave. We can’t catch a break. 

I won’t complain too much though. Got one decent snow this winter at least. 

still a little salty that places south of Dallas, Texas are getting like 4 different winter storms over the next ten days and they got one earlier this winter too.

Well I must say it was nice to get a couple of inches in Easley last week, especially after spending the last year at Club Gitmo, but what a disappointing Winter.  The Cicadas are getting mouthy,  everything is budding, the birds have invaded and squawking every living minute.  I think we are done even without looking at a model.

19 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Any winter without significant snow is a let down, but this winter is a solid C to me. Especially when you consider the fact that it was supposed to be a blow torch for the duration. At least we had some things to track, a few surprises and seasonal weather. 

That's exactly right. It was pretty much supposed to be a blowtorch pretty much all winter. To put it in comparison to last winter. I'm in the firewood business. Last Winter from Sep 1st to May 15th we sold (62) truckloads total. This winter from Sep 1st thru today Feb 11th we have sold (144) and still counting. No comparison to last winter in terms of temps. Still have to wait thru march to grade like like @wncsnow said. 

• Like 1