Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

5 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

No way. That’s not even possible Climo wise 

I lived in Memphis, TN metro for about 10 years in the 70's/80's - I recall multiple snowfalls over 4 inches and 1 snowfall over 12 inches. Obviously, ignore snowfall totals from one global model this far out; however, a MAJOR winter storm is coming for the Mid-South - prepare!

5 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

I lived in Memphis, TN metro for about 10 years in the 70's/80's - I recall multiple snowfalls over 4 inches and 1 snowfall over 12 inches. Obviously, ignore snowfall totals from one global model this far out; however, a MAJOR winter storm is coming for the Mid-South - prepare!

Nah Memphis wasn’t my argument lol. But way down in Voodoo LA in the swamp come one lmao 

9 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

Wow, GSP afternoon AFD not for the faint of heart if you want wintry precip.  We just can't win.

I tried to warn everyone. It is game over for this part of North Carolina for this year. We just can't break the Mid-Atlantic favored pattern.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BullCityWx said:

You said it was over before the thunder snow event yet you got thunder snow 

Technically I did not see the thundersnow where I was, but yes we did have that one minor snowfall which was nice. The overall pattern however has primarily been in the Mid-Atlantic's wheelhouse storm after storm.

6 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

GSP forecasts for WNC, Upstate of SC, and NE Ga. Heart of the CAD region. 

I’m sorry but anyone in favored Along and NW 85 areas need to chill absolutely not over..... Not every model suite is gonna Warm our hearts if it were that easy we’d be the NE/MA forum surely we’ve all lived here long enough to know this come on now

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I tried to warn everyone. It is game over for this part of North Carolina for this year. We just can't break the Mid-Atlantic favored pattern.

I warned you already, yet you choose not to listen. You’ve seen snow. You have absolutely nothing to b*tch about, yet you’ve canceled winter again and again all winter long and it’s beyond old. If you can’t make better posts, stop posting. Period. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I warned you already, yet you choose not to listen. You’ve seen snow. You have absolutely nothing to b*tch about, yet you’ve canceled winter again and again all winter long and it’s beyond old. If you can’t make better posts, stop posting. Period. 

Ok you are right and I am sorry. I have not been doing well outside of weather with a friend permanently damaged health wise by COVID and he lost his dad to the illness. I suppose I let that carry over to my posts here without thinking it through first. Anyway, I am awaiting the RAH discussion to see their line of thought given the latest runs for next week.

• Sad 7

Call me a weenie if you want but we are 5-6 days out and the cold is around and there is a low pressure that we have no clue where it will end up.  I’ll take my chances and wait until Sunday before cliff diving.  I understand being burnt but this is a different setup and at the end of the day I’ve seen a trace this year at the minimum!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Ok you are right and I am sorry. I have not been doing well outside of weather with a friend permanently damaged health wise by COVID and he lost his dad to the illness. I suppose I let that carry over to my posts here without thinking it through first. Anyway, I am awaiting the RAH discussion to see their line of thought given the latest runs for next week.

Sorry for your friends turn in health and the loss of his father.  Prayers to the family!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PantherJustin said:

Also, can we have a Debate here.... as far as this forum is Concerned..... I consider WNC I-77 and West .... 77-to I-95 (Raleigh) CNC and I-95 and East (Eastern)..... maybe it’s common knowledge but those terms are used in here frequently and wanted to make sure we’re all on same page. Lol 

I concur, although it seems some here have redefined central NC to mean Raleigh—Durham and its surrounding counties. 

Just now, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I concur, although it seems some here have redefined central NC to mean Raleigh—Durham and its surrounding counties. 

You have a valid point.  I grew up in Harnett County and spent most of my adult life on or near the coast.  To me I considered Raleigh and the surrounding areas “central” NC.  I moved towards the Concord/Charlotte area and said it was out west and people laughed at me.  It’s opinion and local based.

55 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I hope things get better bud.