Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

14 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Feel like this is a huge euro run coming up. If it trends towards the ukmet/icon then I’ll be feeling pretty confident in a major winter storm. If it spits out a run similar to 00z or the 12zgfs then it’s still anyone’s guess with a slight lean towards rainstorm for Tuesday, imo. 

Toss the CMC there too for major winter storms 

Improved from  00z but still on amped/warm side of 12z guidance. Clear as mud. 

if I had to guess right now I’d bet on an average outcome where we get a miller b and ice for the traditional cad regions. Have the edge of ice from say Athens,ga  to greenwood, sc , to Charlotte, and just west of Raleigh. Who knows though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burrel2 said:

Improved from  00z but still on amped/warm side of 12z guidance. Clear as mud. 

if I had to guess right now I’d bet on an average outcome where we get a miller b and ice for the traditional cad regions. Have the edge of ice from say Athens,ga  to greenwood, sc , to Charlotte, and just west of Raleigh. Who knows though. 

If I had to make a forecast for this event that’s exactly what I would do for this: trust climo. Seems to fit well averaging all model solutions as well 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthHillsWx said:

If I had to make a forecast for this event that’s exactly what I would do for this: trust climo. Seems to fit well averaging all model solutions as well 

Totally agree, I remember a storm in Jan of 2016 where models were trying to run the low right through the wedge particularly the GFS. A day or so just before the storm it started going with the other guidance and running it around the wedge and redeveloping on the coast. I think the Nam may do well with this storm once we get in that time frame. 

Totally agree, I remember a storm in Jan of 2016 where models were trying to run the low right through the wedge particularly the GFS. A day or so just before the storm it started going with the other guidance and running it around the wedge and redeveloping on the coast. I think the Nam may do well with this storm once we get in that time frame. 
Will be in range tomorrow

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

It's hard to keep up with all the different scenarios over the next 4 days.  Would be a shame if my area got blanked (with cold rain again again again).  I want access to a site with more models.  What's the best site to pay for premium models?  (EPS, ECMWF, etc...)
Weatherbell, $25/mo but man, you get a lot for your buck. (6z and 18z ECMWF are on there too)

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

It’s is pretty locked in that eastern Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas are going to get an major winter storm. Must be nice.

And maybe multiple ones. This could be their March 1960 pattern. What a week to 10 days they are in store for based on the overall pattern evolution and the amount of cold on that side of the apps.