Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

9 minutes ago, sarcean said:

"In the contiguous U.S. the highest barometric reading is 1064 millibars which was measured at Miles City, Montana, on December 24, 1983"

So not impossile but extremely unlikely 

Most likely our excitement will be curbed shortly!   I’ll say fun while it lasted but who knows?  Still too far out. With my luck this one will probably deliver as I am closing on a house in a spot worse than  Grayman and moving will be delayed

I’m ok with that at this point,  better than a cold rain!

^found the board member with a generator

I admire your fortitude but if this a long duration overrunning affair then someone very well could see an inch of ice followed by a once every 3-5 year cold snap and frankly I don’t know if I want to be that household
  • Like 1

Just now, ILMRoss said:

^found the board member with a generator

I admire your fortitude but if this a long duration overrunning affair then someone very well could see an inch of ice followed by a once every 3-5 year cold snap and frankly I don’t know if I want to be that household

Yeah it’s a linked generator but we’re closing soon and would be moving!  Don’t want to jinx the board though Sir!

3 hours ago, jrips27 said:

Euro was well on its way to a memorable SE winter storm at 240. Long ways to go, but the 13-15th period definitely has potential. 

E938A60C-28F8-4C03-8E1F-9E6BB8A53C04.png

The control run dropped a ton of snow. Although how that is depicted in the Carolinas is kinda how I’d expect this to go given past history with these storms. There’s probably going to be a lot of ice for places like Whiteville and Florence and Wilmington.

4 hours ago, jrips27 said:

Euro was well on its way to a memorable SE winter storm at 240. Long ways to go, but the 13-15th period definitely has potential. 

E938A60C-28F8-4C03-8E1F-9E6BB8A53C04.png

In some ways I liked this Euro run even better that that big GFS run, especially how it dug the initial southern stream wave down into Mexico and the entire height pattern sunk south across the lower 48...that would give us some wiggle room for keeping the low track to the south

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WXNewton said:

I feel like the models are trending better for Sunday. The Para Gfs that first latched onto the Jan 28th snow might lead the trend this time. I think today we will start to see the models make corrections NW and more precipitation over spreading the region. 

Agreed. Icon for me as of right now gets full credit it’s been showing it for multiple runs.

10 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

I feel like the models are trending better for Sunday. The Para Gfs that first latched onto the Jan 28th snow might lead the trend this time. I think today we will start to see the models make corrections NW and more precipitation over spreading the region. 

True but the latest Para actually trended more northwest/less with the snow on Sunday.  Need to see the 12Z run to see if that trend continues.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

True but the latest Para actually trended more northwest/less with the snow on Sunday.  Need to see the 12Z run to see if that trend continues.  

I agree, the NW trend is always real! I thought the storm as a whole looked more organized and stronger this run which is probably why you see the NW movement. Totals went up in my area but definitely closer to the rain line.

19 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

I'm not too enthused about the Saturday night storm. Looks like another sloppy coating to an inch type deal. Overnight too, with not a lot of upside.

In these “uncertain times”—I’m so tired of hearing that phrase—we’ll take whatever wintry precip we can get.  LOL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magpiemaniac said:

In these “uncertain times”—I’m so tired of hearing that phrase—we’ll take whatever wintry precip we can get.  LOL.

Exactly, not to be rude.... but I’d take a 1-2” event and Be ecstatic I didn’t get that last year. And haven’t had anything over 1” since DEC 18 we get a couple good medium range runs and think we’re the Northeast or something lmao

• Like 5