Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

39 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Also has a snowstorm for savannah ga and an ice storm to the Gulf of Mexico at the end of its run so does say cold is coming, but once again, delayed 

The cold has been 7-9 days away every day since Thanksgiving. I said that Saturday but got blasted. Not trying to be pessimistic, I wish it would snow as much as the next person but I’ll believe the pattern when I see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

The cold has been 7-9 days away every day since Thanksgiving. I said that Saturday but got blasted. Not trying to be pessimistic, I wish it would snow as much as the next person but I’ll believe the pattern when I see it. 

Yep. Par for the course here. Pretty crazy to go from a high below freezing on Monday to a high in the 50’s. Hell the low on Monday may not even get below freezing. GFS is special 

20 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

DT was saying last night how the GFS was horrible and the GEFS went towards the Euro for the weekend and then the 0Z EURO came out and he didn't say anything lol

I’m sorry but That Guy is a complete Moron. In my 7yrs of lurking here I don’t think there’s been but maybe 1 storm he’s even been remotely close on lol I’d rather have my German Shepherd draw a Snow map. As BullCity and others have touched on, did we really expect the fantasy storms/Cold to stay locked in for a week straight? Just relax , I’d bet money it ends up somewhere in the middle by Tomm nights runs

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

I’m sorry but That Guy is a complete Moron. In my 7yrs of lurking here I don’t think there’s been but maybe 1 storm he’s even been remotely close on lol I’d rather have my German Shepherd draw a Snow map. As BullCity and others have touched on, did we really expect the fantasy storms/Cold to stay locked in for a week straight? Just relax , I’d bet money it ends up somewhere in the middle by Tomm nights runs

Yeah, some of the Twitter mets people on here hug constantly are rarely right and don't say anything people on here aren't saying. It's model hugging as entertainment instead of actual forecasting.

• Like 1

Lmao, I applaud the end of the 00z EURO for basically showing December 1989 part two at the end of the run, an event so near and dear to my heart that the date is my phone's lock code. I mean that with no hyperbole- it's basically its synoptic twin. Guys, i don't know if the threats in the next couple of days will pan out, but have solace knowing that this window probably isn't closing anytime soon. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

Lmao, I applaud the end of the 00z EURO for basically showing December 1989 part two at the end of the run, an event so near and dear to my heart that the date is my phone's lock code. I mean that with no hyperbole- it's basically its synoptic twin. Guys, i don't know if the threats in the next couple of days will pan out, but have solace knowing that this window probably isn't closing anytime soon. 

I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw hours 228 to 240 lol

7 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

Mid 20s and pounding snow in the middle of the day in south georgia. Don't see that every century. Can't imagine what that would yield up this way if the southern stream kicked into gear at the right time

2 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Icon followed suit

Radically different look though. Much more northern stream and so a stronger storm on the Icon. It gets organized faster, so the cold is able to wrap into the storm compared with other guidence. The NAM, on the other hand, keeps the two pieces separate.

The problem with Sunday is the northern wave with accompanying arctic high has trending slower so it only has marginal in-situ sfc cold air to work with so i think it going limit the snow to higher elevations even if the precip from the southern wave makes it up here.

If the northern wave pushed through first it's a different story.. it's all about how fast the HP moves in to determine which southern waves are going to make a big play.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

The last few runs have trended somewhat favorably within that timeframe.  Anything’s possible.

No cold air source for Sunday’s system. The issue exists in the mid and upper levels. That trough passing through the GL at that times keeps mid and upper level flow west to East, thus bottling up cold air from infiltrating. Storm track is good but it would need to slow down a lot for anything to happen frozen. Essentially, it would need to phase with that mid level energy or allow it to pass by for us to have any shot of cold air becoming involved. And that would need to be a situation of the storm producing its own cold air in the best case scenario. There is no high to force lower level cold into the area. I hate to say it but Sunday’s system is DOA even if it tracks perfect with the mid and upper levels so screwed up