Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I’ll hold my breath on the Arctic air. We’ve been 8 days from an Arctic outbreak since Thanksgiving. 

This is definitely different.  I actually think we are a shoe in for an arctic outbreak.  The GFS has had this outbreak for several days now inside 10 days. We are about 6 to 7 days out now....

• Like 3

Just now, BooneWX said:

Sorry yall. My multiple winter storm warnings this year with only wet grass to show for it, is starting to make me lose my mind. I don’t mean to sound so pessimistic. Not used to taking so many L’s in western NC. Give me a few days and I’ll be back on the wagon!

Lol you kind of got piled on there but of course there has been frustration and probably will continue to be. But this is probably the best scenario we have seen all winter.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Definitely different. The arctic air present here hasn't coincided with a southern slider since Jan 88.

That was the storm of my life and I'm now 50.

19 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Definitely different. The arctic air present here hasn't coincided with a southern slider since Jan 88.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BooneWX said:

Sorry yall. My multiple winter storm warnings this year with only wet grass to show for it, is starting to make me lose my mind. I don’t mean to sound so pessimistic. Not used to taking so many L’s in western NC. Give me a few days and I’ll be back on the wagon!

I am right there with you in Catawba County. Left the house early this morning and saw some good snow around NC/VA line. Would love to watch it at home, but sometimes weather nuts have to follow the storm!

3 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

February 79 or March 80 too

I remember that March 80. Wrangler just moved me down from Pennsylvania.  Got two snowstorms.  No longer remember which order but seems one was 8" and the other 14" in the Sandhills of NC. Got more snow in NC that year than I would have had i stayed in Pa. Still had my snow legs driving and went in to check plant out full of myself.  Drove into the parking lot wide open in my Datsun B210 hatchback.  Bad move! Car flew up snow bank lifting wheels off of the ground. Had to shovel out under the car to get the wheels back down so I could drive out. Loved that snow! That was also when I learned what I was told about Carolina drivers was correct (at that time anyway). First sign of snow they'll park their cars wherever they were at the moment rather than drive!

• Like 1

It's been great seeing the Atlantic come back to a sustained seasonal -NAO after several years but then losing the Pacific to lock out the arctic air is just downright insulting.  The last hope here something like this where the PNA ridge finally breaks through...