• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

GFS still struggling with thermals on 0z runs. With Synoptics however it has really trended toward the euro this run. I’m not sure it will really be able to correct itself in the thermal department but with the primary SLP it is not somewhat more west/northwest of where it was at 18z. 

Just now, wncsnow said:

GFS still pretty much sucks unless you are VA north 

Give it time my man! There is a noticeable shift. It’s just such incremental baby steps that it’s annoying as sh*t it wants to transfer a bit quicker as well this go around and never gets the primary into OH now. This is out at 72. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

First post on this forum, you can see the low trending to the south and west some each run as well as the wedge building in and becoming more pronounced. 

gfs_mslpa_us_fh60_trend.gif

The thing with it as well though is the system is being impinged on by confluence in New England. These are steps we all def want to see for wintry weather. We will still get the thump but it will help to where the mid levels won’t get flooded with warmth. Welcome btw! 

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

35E584B5-6DF6-429B-A9B5-7EA5122BB7D9.jpegIf anything GFS is uber wet! @Blue_Ridge_Escarpment if some of this falls as freezing rain for you could be problems. 

Yikes. I’m hoping to hold onto snow/sleet longer than forecasted. With the wind today and tonight, I’m guessing these trees are pretty weak. 

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Does anyone know what the RGEM’s bias is? I thought it generally ran a little cold if anything but I don’t recall it being a southern outlier. Big difference on 0z run. Way south!rgem_asnow_us_80.png

The one thing I notice is temps are running 7-8 degrees colder on average for the low on Saturday compared to most of the other models. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

UK is a nice hit 

sn10_acc.us_ma (1) (5).png

Looking through the UK temp panels I don't think any of that in NC in the Triad or points south and east is snow. Maybe a few flakes before going to a little sleet, some marginal ZR and then rain. Even farther N and W most of it is mixed. As you get into Virginia it looks more likely to stay snow.

Already have lift tickets for Beech Mountain on Sunday. Really hoping for mostly all snow event at that elevation (4500+) as that sleet / frozen rain / ice is not fun. Drive up there will certainly be interesting as will hit different types of precip if these models verify.

• Like 1