Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

7 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Really starts to get established the last couple frames. A strong signal for the climo favored areas

I might be reading it wrong but looks like retreating cold all morning on Sunday into 1pm.  Basically the regular warm up of the day.  Unless it stops/holds past that last timeframe it's retreating right?

2 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

I might be reading it wrong but looks like retreating cold all morning on Sunday into 1pm.  Basically the regular warm up of the day.  Unless it stops/holds past that last timeframe it's retreating right?

I agree.  That's what I'm seeing.  And not even that strong of a signature to me.

Tracking the wet bulb would give a much better indication of the CAD.  Just looking at the temp doesn't give an accurate reflection of the wedge as some places are fully saturated, while others are not.  Not saying that is the case above, but it could have something to do with it.

TW

24 minutes ago, tarheelwx said:

Euro did a much better job on the precip amounts for the storm last night.  3-4 days out, it was showing alot of light amounts of less than an inch.  It did better 3-4 days out than it did inside 24 hours. 

TW

GFS was terrible 5 days out or so with sending the storm into DC. But within 48 hours, I thought it ended up being one of the better models (to my surprise) in terms of showing the hard temperature crash and good rates in the precip once it switched to snow. It’s likely area dependent though in terms of where it had some struggles.  I’ve always kind of liked the GFS once you get inside 2 days.  It just has its issues with storms longer out 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

Amounts i'll give you, but track and placement of frozen precip was spot on as we got within closer range.

true and don't think i was trying to be smart of anything. its just crazy the weather around here. folks on all sides have had more snow than the northern foothills. just 2021 i guess lol 

• Like 1