Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

8 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Sunday is a really nice system for those in the western half of NC on the overnight run of the euro.... temps below freezing for the duration as well. 

I can’t help but temper my expectations after this Thursday’s debacle. Mid Atl forum are highlighting the fact that euro is out on an island right now and its simply because there are 4 different s/w flying around and would take a perfect scenario to get the euro to come to fruition. My main concern from my own thoughts is having the fire hose setup too far to our north and missing the main slug of moisture. I hope it doesnt happen but that would be cause for concern or #1 

1 hour ago, Buddy1987 said:

I can’t help but temper my expectations after this Thursday’s debacle. Mid Atl forum are highlighting the fact that euro is out on an island right now and its simply because there are 4 different s/w flying around and would take a perfect scenario to get the euro to come to fruition. My main concern from my own thoughts is having the fire hose setup too far to our north and missing the main slug of moisture. I hope it doesnt happen but that would be cause for concern or #1 

The UK agrees with Euro so not on an island 

Just now, BullCityWx said:

It just oriented the precip differently. The HRRR is pretty enthusiastic about our chances even though it's at the end of its range. 

You’re right.  I haven’t even looked at the HRRR yet.  It’s pretty generous with snow IMBY.  IIRC, the HRRR was did a pretty good job with the January 8 event here.