• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

I actually didn't mind the look on the Euro. I thought the ambient synoptic 'look' was fine enough, and you can chalk the storm underperformance to the strength of our shortwave. It appeared "limp" out the gate in California compared to other models and I think that set the tone for the rest of the run. I didn't think this was a fantastic model suite, but by no means are we out of the picture. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Wishing you guys a look of luck. The 00 Gfs got this weenie excited but when you look at a combo of all the models right now I’m just too far south. N NC and S va look good but minor swings will be big either way. Go south young man

It’s still 5 days out lol At this point imo I’m just happy the forum is even active. I just enjoy the prospect of having a reason to lurk 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

I actually didn't mind the look on the Euro. I thought the ambient synoptic 'look' was fine enough, and you can chalk the storm underperformance to the strength of our shortwave. It appeared "limp" out the gate in California compared to other models and I think that set the tone for the rest of the run. I didn't think this was a fantastic model suite, but by no means are we out of the picture. 

Nice insight ILMRoss.  I feel that we still have a good shot.

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

I have a hard time believing that the GFS is dead right and the Euro/UKMet are wrong. Maybe you take a blend. Either way, it’s still no better than a ‘maybe it could work out’ for parts of our forum 

This. Not too high and not too low with this hobby in the mid range or you’ll burn out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1