• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 29-Jan 2 potential storm event

Brian D

I got roughly a third of an inch of ice with the freezing rain, but it was the backside snow that pushed many of the trees here to their breaking point. I only got ~1.5" of snow but it was super wet and stuck so well to the trees that the forest floor is nearly barren of snow. Walking outside last night during the snow sounded like a thunderstorm from all the falling trees and limbs.

Raw totals from the storm aren't very impressive but this will certainly be a storm to remember.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Weenie-ing it up here at the Michigan State Capitol

E3FD0E0A-02BB-4050-8B1C-8517586D1168.png

Yeah, i intercepted that band as it was evident it was going to be through here. Got to haslett and had 45-50dbZ overhead. It was legit snowballs falling from the sky!

This was some of the most incredible snow I had ever seen, haslett got 3-4ish" in like 90 mins.

It was so hard to drive in it. I was not expecting this in the least but boy did I love it. In the morning the trees were (and still are!) gorgeous!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LansingWeather said:

Yeah, i intercepted that band as it was evident it was going to be through here. Got to haslett and had 45-50dbZ overhead. It was legit snowballs falling from the sky!

This was some of the most incredible snow I had ever seen, haslett got 3-4ish" in like 90 mins.

It was so hard to drive in it. I was not expecting this in the least but boy did I love it. In the morning the trees were (and still are!) gorgeous!

I’m glad I took the drive from Detroit to Lansing. Rates were incredible and the snowflakes were huge. I96 was just a crapshoot. Completely snow covered and icy...and visibility was a few hundred feet at times in the band. Had to take video of the event because it was just too good. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

I’m glad I took the drive from Detroit to Lansing. Rates were incredible and the snowflakes were huge. I96 was just a crapshoot. Completely snow covered and icy...and visibility was a few hundred feet at times in the band. Had to take video of the event because it was just too good. 

Nice, thanx.  Around 20 seconds in looks like a scene from Ice Road Truckers lol 

8 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MIstorm97 said:

Wow! Great video! I took this screenshot during the peak I saw the band. I took some videos too but I was in a no light area and not really worth looking at haha.

Screenshot_20210101-232210.png

• Like 1