• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 29-Jan 2 potential storm event

Brian D

Still holding at freezing here.  I would've bet money on temps going above 32 by now, given multi-model progs and concern about just enough of a marine influence to help nudge temps higher.  Could still poke above freezing in the coming hours but there won't be any diurnal help to do it rather soon.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Still holding at freezing here.  I would've bet money on temps going above 32 by now, given multi-model progs and concern about just enough of a marine influence to help nudge temps higher.  Could still poke above freezing in the coming hours but there won't be any diurnal help to do it rather soon.  

Agreed.

What was melting off my truck earlier is now frozen. Such a tricky call on this system. Back down to 31° here. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Finally made it to 32˚ here at my house, a couple of hours ago...and been that way since. No melting. Of course, just read LOT's AFD and they said all the ice melted south of I-80. :arrowhead:

Just took this shot of the gf's car. Totally encased. :lol:

IMG_0185.jpg

Read that too.  Definitely not even close to melting.   

Just took this pic. 

956962DE-ECE0-45D4-B2A1-4B843140C4E8.jpeg

• Like 4

2 to 3 tenths of an inch of ice common around the area...nothing major or extreme

a few tree limbs down here and there

we prob lost a some icing with sleet at the start

untreated areas of course very slick 

warmed up and scrapped my car around 10am  just came back in... no new icing on the windows

The infamous thin tongue warming

Macomb which is WSW is 32

Bloomington which is ESE is 32

PEORIA         LGT RAIN  33

• Like 1

Pesky warm layer aloft continues to hold firm here.  Still sleet, with some freezing rain as well.  The 2-3" of snow is now looking like an inch or two if we can manage to change to snow in the next hour or two.

EDIT:  Finally starting to see some wet flakes mixing in now that it's getting dark lol.

• Like 1

Can you have them set one up in Woodstock?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There was an AWOS in Lake in the Hills that has since gone defunct. I'm not sure the process in getting an AWOS to an airport but it sure would be nice to have one in McHenry. As far as ASOS goes, I think it depends on the size of the airport to get one put in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk