• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 29-Jan 2 potential storm event

Brian D

Interesting to watch the trends in the obs around the area this evening.  As the precip lightened/moved out, temps have been creeping up but dewpoints have been creeping down.  So as precip resumes, there should still be a little room to play with evap cooling wise as the low levels saturate again... until waa ultimately is enough to push temps above freezing.

• Like 3

Sleeting here. Heavy sleet now pinging. Any chance this flips back over or is that it for the snow?
Depending on what rates are like, non-zero chance it could go back over much later/pre-dawn hours, as the guidance is showing some modest cooling aloft ahead of the frontal zone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

One hell of a sleet storm going on here.  At least an inch of sleet, with most of it in the past 30 minutes.  Just a sleet deluge with intermittent huge flakes and still some freezing rain.  Never seen anything like this.
I had sold on sustained sleet with this, but what you had shows how convection can modify the thermal profiles and keep sleet going and even the mixed large flakes when otherwise you'd probably be freezing rain quicker. Fascinating stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 5