Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 29-Jan 2 potential storm event

Brian D

16 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Hope it pans out.

I do remember an event last winter (maybe January?) when it was a colder outlier and trying to give several inches of snow here.  It didn't happen, the waa won out.

Thanks for deflating my balloon lol. :lol:

I'm gonna fine tune my earlier 3-6" call to 5-6".  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zinski1990 said:

Once again central indiana shafted. Low literally goes north than turns over us

See that zone of low snow near I-80 in the northwest corner of IN?  That's me, and the difference between here and areas not too far northwest will be even more magnified in a couple days.  I will pretty much be the most screwed spot of the I-80 corridor in the entire country.

You can only hope it gets better.  If not this year, then by 2025 or so.

image.png.1e49dbb45be3094adeda91208cf00455.png.dc7d8e3345cc7db663ce51eb3fca884a.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

See that zone of low snow near I-80 in the northwest corner of IN?  That's me, and the difference between here and areas not too far northwest will be even more magnified in a couple days.  I will pretty much be the most screwed spot of the I-80 corridor in the entire country.

You can only hope it gets better.  If not this year, then by 2025 or so.

image.png.1e49dbb45be3094adeda91208cf00455.png.dc7d8e3345cc7db663ce51eb3fca884a.png

Don’t forget us downtowners! Well still be in the same spot as you. At least take solace that 3 million others share your pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Enjoy your storm guys. Maybe central Illinois and central Indiana will get our storm in January. It’s really hard not to get discouraged sometimes. We definitely deserve one. Should be a good 2-3” soaker for us though. That’s fun?

That sucks but I can relate. At this point, I’ll take an inch of snow and root for the fellas up north. 

Nothing worse than being in the Chicago media market watching coverage of a snowstorm 50 miles northwest of you. Unfortunately, you get used to it after awhile.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Enjoy your storm guys. Maybe central Illinois and central Indiana will get our storm in January. It’s really hard not to get discouraged sometimes. We definitely deserve one. Should be a good 2-3” soaker for us though. That’s fun?

50 minutes ago, zinski1990 said:

Once again central indiana shafted. Low literally goes north than turns over us

I feel both of these. Heck I'm in north central IL and still waiting on my first 1in snow of the season. Storm track hasn't been good in any direction for me this year. Lots of cold rain. I was holding hope this 2nd wave would be east enough to help us out but latest trends not promising. Naturally this 1st wave is bleeding south more but not enough to benefit me. Sharp southern gradient.